Chapter 66

Recap

[...] Shinso upon seeing him can't help but hug him. The boy between his arms flinches, pain killers can only do so much.

[...]Bakugou laughs loudly.

"Do you need my help for your grave speech? Or why didn't you wait until class or whenever he tells y'all?"

[...]Hawks flew onto the roof. He thought back to yesterday.

[...]However, this. This what he just saw. Bakugou living with a villain surprised him more than anything.

[...]"Dabi...stop...." He croaks out. Dabi's arm slowly became to evolve in real flames, the heat only adding to his already pained throat. [...]

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hawks neither noticed how Aizawa nor Best Jeanist entered. He had stayed still on the roof staring holes in the purple and red coloured sky. He had almost forgoten what he has come for. He quietly hops down from the roof looking through the winter into the house. The door to the kitchen was left open and Bakugou was angrily washing the dishes while Eraser head, Best Jeanist and that purple haired kid talked. 

Hawks observed Bakugou, he didn't seemed tense. Just as relaxed as he was while cooking at Dabi's apartment. Could he be this carefree when he was the traitor? Hawks wondered. His phone starts to ring. It's Shigaraki it seems he will have to come back another time. He slightly jumps up to get a better start before accepting his call. Leaving the four to enjoy whatever they are doing together.

Bakugou notices from the corner of his eyes that Hawks left. A relieved sigh escapes him as he drys the last plate. He put the plate away turning his attention back to the others. He listened trying to figure out what they were talking about. Having been lost in thought until now.

The evening was fun, but everything good has to end at one point. Aizawa dragged his son out seemingly remembering how he even got here in the first place. Bakugou watched them for some time as Shinso got scolded. He saw him smile through it all. 

Best Jeanist was about to discuss an important matter with Bakugou, yet he couldn't and wouldn't disrupt this evening for the young teen. He had gone through so much already that he deserves the break. With a small smile Hakamada returns inside getting to his paperwork.

Bakugou sighs. The tension leaving his body full ends as he knows he is completely alone outside. Tears threaten to fall. His body slightly shaking.

It was 3 o'clock when Bakugou finally got the motivation to move again. Hakamada was long gone to bed and the house was quiet. It could have been a nice quiet, the one he had felt outside, mind the roaring of wind and rustling of the trees or the call of the owl, yet it wasn't. Not in the slightest. 

Dark thoughts became louder more apparent of their existence. He had ignored them the whole evening. They made the silence unbearable loud. He covered his ears trying to get rid of it all and like always it did nothing. Why did he keep trying? Bakugou didn't know, however, if his hands weren't able to shut them out music sure would overshadow them. If he blasted the music just loud enough through his earphones than he wouldn't hear the voices anymore right?

He didn't know when or how he drifted off to a troubled slumber but he managed. It went alright until he awoke short breathed and heart loudly beating from a nightmare the next morning. It wasn't particularly early, already 7 o'clock. 

Overslept he went with his bad mood to the kitchen ignoring Hakamada. The later being oblivious to it waited until the young boy sat down with his glass of water before confronting him. It isn't easy to say if this worsened Katsuki's mood or lightened it.