Chapter 15. St.Barnabas Church

Deans POV

"Saved your asses! Talked the sheriff down to a fine. Dude, I am Matlock." I exclaim, happily, as we walk out of the police station. "But how?" Sam asks as we walk to the Impala. "I told him you were a dumbass pledge and I was hazing you and me and Ana was having a roll on the forest floor." I tell them and Ana's eyes widen.

"Dean!" She exclaims. "What?" I shrug. "What about the shotgun?" Sam asks. "I said that you was hunting ghosts and the spirits were repelled with rock salt. You know, typical Hell Week prank." I reply and Sam rolls his eyes. 

"And he believed you?" Ana asks in suspicion. "Well, he looks like a dumbass pledge." I smirk at Sam when seconds later, several sheriffs run out of the station and speed away in their police cars. The three of us exchange a look.

******

We park the car around another street then get out and walk around the back of Lori's sorority house. "Why would the Hook Man come here? This is a long way from 9 Mile Road." Sam says confused. "Maybe he's not haunting the scene of his crime. Maybe it's something else." Ana suggests when two sorority girls come out the side of the building but don't see us.

We lean against the side of the house next to some bushes to hide ourselves. "Dude, sorority girls! Think we'll see a naked pillow fight?" I ask Sam and Ana shakes her head. "You watch way too many pornos." She says as Sam tries to climb onto the balcony. Ana and I help him up before climbing up ourselves.

We sneak into Lori's room once we're up here. Ana climbs in first followed by Sam as I fall on top of him as I climb through the window. "Sorry!" I say to Sam. "Be quiet." He scolds me. "You be quiet." I scold back. "Both of you be quiet!" Ana growls at us as we start to look around the room.

"Aren't you glad you didn't turn on the light?" Ana reads and me and Sam turn to face her. "That's right out of the legend." She says as we walk over to her and see the bloody writing on the wall. "Yeah, that's classic Hook Man alright." I say before I tap my nose. "Definitely a spirit." Sam nods. "Yeah, I've never smelled ozone this strong before." He says as I move over to the window.

"Hey guys, come here." Ana calls us back over. We walk over to her and she points to a bloody cross symbol that's under the writing. "Does that look familiar to you?" She asks us.

******

We stand by the Impala, looking at a picture of the cross symbol Ana found during our research. "It's the same symbol. Seems like it is the spirit of Jacob Karns." Sam says. "Alright, let's find the dudes grave, salt and burn the bones, and put him down." I say as Ana reads an article.

"After execution, Jacob Karns was laid to rest in Old North Cemetery. In an unmarked grave." She reads out loud and we look at each other, annoyed. "Super." I say annoyed. "Okay. So we know it's Jacob Karns. But we still don't know where he will manifest next. Or why." Sam says. "I'll take a wild guess about why. I think Lori has something to do with this." Ana says as we get into the car.

******

Sam and Ana are sitting at a table looking through some research, while a college party is going on. I walk up to them with a big grin on my face. "Hey." Sam greets. "Man, you've been holding out on me. This college thing is awesome!" I say as I wink and smile at a girl who passes me. "This wasn't really my experience." Sam says, shaking his head. "Let me guess. Libraries, straight A's, studying?" I ask and Sam nods.

"What a geek. Alright, you and Einstein here do your homework?" I ask as Ana looks at something. I follow her gaze to see two college boys looking at her. "Hey!" I call her and she snaps out of her gaze. "What? They're cute." She smiles and jealously flares in me.