Chapter 147. Good God, Ya'll

Deans POV

"It's been like three days now?" I ask Ana and Sam as I walk up to them, an envelope in my hand. Bobby sits in a wheelchair, wearing a baseball cap and robe, just staring out the window. Sam sighs as Ana nods. Ever since Bobby found out he wouldn't be able to walk again, he hasn't really been talking to any of us. "We got to do something." Ana says.

"Maybe I'll give him a back rub." I say. "Dean." Sam says exasperated. "Well, what then?" I ask annoyed. "Look...we might have to wrap our heads around the idea that Bobby might not just bounce back this time." Sam says. "What's in the envelope?" Ana asks me. "Went to radiology." I tell her as I open the envelope and pull out the contents. "Got some glamour shots." I say as I hand the pictures to Ana, which is off my chest x-ray with strange writing on my ribs.

"Let's just say the doctors are baffled." I say as Ana and Sam examine the writing, which is in Enochian. "Hold crap." Sam mutters. "So that means Cas carved us one as well?" Ana asks and I nod just as Sam's phone rings. "Hello?...Castiel?" Sam answers and me and Ana share a look. "Speak of the devil." She says and I nod. "Ah, St.Martins Hospital. Why? What are you- Cas?" Sam says before he hangs up.

Minutes later, Castiel walks up to us. "Cellphone, Cas? Really? Since when do angels need to reach out and touch someone?" I ask him. "You're hidden from angels now - all angels. I won't be able to simply-" Cas starts to say but Bobby suddenly speaks up. "Enough foreplay!" He yells and we look over at him.

"Get over here and lay your damn hands on." Bobby demands but none of us move making Bobby look over his shoulder at us. "Get healing. Now!" He yells. "I can't." Cas tells him and Bobby turns his chair to face him. "Say again?" He asks angrily and Cas walks up to him. "I'm cut off from heaven and much of heavens power. Certain things I can do. Certain things I can't." He informs.

"You're telling me you lost your mojo just in time to get the stick in this trap the rest of my life?" Bobby asks angrily. "I'm sorry." Castiel says. "Where's Jonas?" Ana asks and Cas looks up at her. "He...didn't make it." He tells her. "Well, you can shove it up your ass." Bobby growls at Cas before he turns back to the window.

"At least he's talking now." I say as I turn to Ana and Sam. "I heard that!" Bobby yells as Cas comes up to us. "I don't have much time. We need to talk." He tells us. "Okay." I nod. "Your plan to kill Lucifer." He says. "Yeah. You want to help?" I ask. "No. It's foolish. It's can't be done." Cas says, shaking his head slightly. "Oh, thanks for the support." Ana says sarcastically.

"But I believe I have the solution. There is someone besides Michael strong enough to take on Lucifer. Strong enough to stop the apocalypse." Cas tells us. "Who's that?" Sam asks. "The one who resurrected me, and put you three on that plane. The one who began everything. God." Cas says as me, Ana and Sam give each other a skeptical look. "I'm gonna find God." Cas says as I close the hospital room door and turn to him.

"God?" Ana asks disbelieving. "Yes." Cas nods. "God." I say in a similar disbelieving tone as Ana. "Yes! He isn't in heaven. He has to be somewhere." Cas says. "Try New Mexico. I hear he's on a tortilla." I joke. "No, he's not on any flatbread." Cas says, clearly not understanding the joke.

"Listen, chuckles, even if there is a God, he is either dead - and that's a generous theory-" I start but Cas speaks over me. "He is out there, Dean." He says firmly. "-or he's up and kicking and don't give a rats ass about any of us." I finish and Cas glares at me. "I mean, look around you, man. The world is in the toilet. We are literally at the end of days here, and he's off somewhere drinking booze out of a coconut. Alright?" I say.

"Enough. This is not a theological issue. It's strategic. With Gods help, we can win." Cas says. "It's a pipe dream, Cas." I tell him and Cas advances on me. "I killed two angels this week. My brothers. I'm am being hunted. I rebelled. And I did it, all of it, for you and you failed. You, your brother and your fiancé destroyed the world and I lost everything, for nothing. So keep your opinions to yourself." Cas says angrily.