Chapter 117. And...Scene

Deans POV

Jamie and Ana are talking at a table, after we found Jamie knocked unconscious and we walk over to them after Sam arrived. "Hey. You guys alright?" Sam asks them. "Yeah, I think so. And I think I know what's going on." Ana says. "Yeah?" Sam says curiously.

"Part of it, at least." I say as Sam opens a folded towel to see Draculas ear. "Uh, the ear part?" Sam asks, looking taken aback. "Ripped it off Draculas head." I tell him. "Touch it." Ana tells Sam and he does, letting out a noise of disgust.

"Feel familiar to you?" She asks. "Oh man." Sam mutters. "Skin of a shapeshifter." I say. "Just like in St.Louis and just like Milwaukee. Of course this one's holding all buckets full of crazy. Oh, and, uh..." Ana says as she takes a medallion out of her pocket and gives it to Sam.

"This, I uh, pulled off when he grabbed me. Look at the label on the ribbon." She tells him and he looks at the label that reads: THE FX SHOP PROP-HOUSE PHILADELPHIA, PA.

"It's a costume rental." Sam says and Ana nods. "All three monsters - the Dracula, Wolf Man and the Mummy - all the same critter, which means we need to catch this freak before he Creature from the Black Lagoon's somebody." Ana says as I notice Jamie looking between us.

"So, you guys are like Mulder and Scully or something, and the X-Files are real?" She asks us. "No, the X-Files is a TV show. This is real." I tell her. "Oh." She mumbles, looking overwhelmed. "Okay, so, the stagecraft, the costuming...it's like he's trying to re-enact his favourite monster movie moments, right down to the bloody murders." Sam says.

"Wait a second. Do you know who the hell Mina is?" Ana asks. "Mina?" Sam asks and Ana nods. "Yeah, that's what he called me. And he called Dean Mr Harker." She says. "Well, Mr Harker is actually Mr Harker as in Johnathon Harker. They're characters from the movies and the novels - Mina is Draculas intended bride, and Harker is the fiancé that stands in the way." Sam explains.

"Seems like he's fixating on you, like he sees you as his bride." Sam says. "Wow. Lucky me." Ana says sarcastically. "But to fixate on you, my guess is that the shifter has to have seen you before or been around you." I say before I turn to Ana. "Have you noticed anyone taken a interest in you since we've in town?" I ask.

"I don't know. It's Oktoberfest. And we've spoken to a lot of people." She says. "What about Ed?" Jamie suggests and we look at her. "Ed? Why would Ed fixate on me?" Ana asks her. "I'm not saying it's definitely him but he's got a thing for brunettes." Jamie admits.

"Okay, me and Dean will go and check Ed out. You two stay here, don't leave the bar." Sam tells them before we get up. "Be careful, baby." I whisper to Ana as I lean in and kiss her. She kisses me back before me and Sam leave.

******

Anas POV

Jamie begins to pace in front of the booth I'm sitting in. "So, monsters are real." She says, still trying to process what's she's just learnt. "Some of them, yeah." I tell her. "And the shapeshifter, he can turn into different people." She says. "Yeah. Yeah, except this one's turning into the great monsters of screenland, which is a new one for me." I say.

"You're not really FBI, are you?" She asks me and I shake my head. "Not so much." I say. "So, this is what you do? You and your partners just tramp across the country on your own dime until you find some horrible nightmare to fight?" She asks me.

"Some people paint." I say shrugging. "Wow." She says shocked. "What?" I ask her. "That must suck. I mean, you're giving up your life for this terrible...I don't know, responsibility." She says and I shrug. "We help people. We save people. It's not a bad job. And them boys, although I could bash their heads together sometimes, I love them and they make the job easier. We're family." I explain as Jamie sits down across from me.