Chapter 97. The Return Of The Trickster

Anas POV

We walk in the diner for about the hundredth time, or at least for me, and the door chimes as the cashier gives Mr Pickett some change. "Drive safely now, Mr Pickett."

"Yeah, yeah." Mr Pickett says and we bump into each other as he passes. "Can't stay unless you order something, Cal. You know the rules." A waitress says and Cal passes her some change as Dean and I sit down in a booth.

"Hey. Tuesday. Pig in a poke." Dean says as I put a set of keys on the table. Dean looks at them then at me. "What are those?" He asks. "The old man's. Trust me, you don't want him behind the wheel." I say as Doris comes up to us.

"You two ready?" She asks. "Uh, yes, we are. I'll have the special, side of bacon, and a coffee." Dean says s I turn to her. "Hey Doris? What I'd like is for you to log in some more hours at the archery range. You're a terrible shot." I say and she gives me a confused look. "How'd you know that?" She asks. "Lucky guess." I say and she walks away.

"Okay, so you think you're in some kind of a what, again?" He asks. "Time loop." I reply. "Like Groundhog Day." He says. "Doesn't matter. There's no way to stop it." I say annoyed. "Jeez, aren't you grumpy." Dean retorts. "Yeah, I am. You wanna know why?" I ask and he raises his eyebrow at me. "Because this is the hundredth Tuesday in row I've been through, and it never stops. Ever. So yeah, I'm a little grumpy." I growl. "Hot sauce."

"What?" Dean asks as Doris arrives with the coffee and hot sauce. "Coffee, black, and some hot sauce for the- whoops. Crap!" She exclaims but I catch it and slide it across the table. "Thanks." Doris says and she walks away.

"Nice reflexes baby." Dean compliments. "I knew it was gonna happen, Dean. I know everything that's gonna happen." I tell him. "You don't know everything." He says and I raise my eyebrow. "Yeah I do." I say. "Yeah, right." We say in unison and Dean furrows his eyebrows.

"Nice guess." We say in unison again. "It wasn't a guess." I say to him. "Right, you're a mind reader." We say and I can tell he's getting annoyed.

"Cut it out, Ana."

"Ana."

Then we lean towards each other simultaneously. "You think you're being funny but you're being really, really childish!" We say. "Ana Steele is a scaredy-cat. Ana Steele is a crybaby. When she watches Titanic, she cries at the end when the Jack dies..." we say until Dean throws up his hands up in frustration and says. "Okay, enough!"

"That's not all. Randy the cashier? He's skimming from the register. Judge Myers? At night he puts on a furry bunny outfit. Over there, that's Cal. He's gonna rob Tony the mechanic on the way home." I inform him. "What's your point?" He asks.

"My pain is I've lived through every possible Tuesday. I've watched you die every possible way. I have ripped apart the Mystery Spot, burnt it down, tried everything I know to save your life and I can't. No matter what I do, you die. And then I wake up. And then it's Tuesday again." I explain, exhausted.

******

"Dog." I say as the dog barks when we pass it on the street. "There's gotta be some way out of this." Dean says as I mutter. "Where's my dang keys?" We pass Mr Pickett as he yells. "Where's my dang keys?!"

I step aside as as the blonde woman starts to walk by. Then Dean puts his hand out to stop me. "Hey, all the times we've walked down this street, I ever do this?" He asks as he walks to the blonde girl. "Scuse me, Miss!" He calls out and I stare after him shocked. "No." I say as the blonde girl gives Dean one of her papers.

"Hundred Tuesdays and you never bothered to check what she was holding in her hands?" He asks me as he comes back over to me. I shrug as Dean holds up the flyer. "It's the guy who went missing." He says as I stare at the flyer. "Yeah?" I say. "That's his daughter back there." Dean tells me as I grab the flyer and run after the blonde girl. "Excuse me!" I call out as I hear the dog barking and growling at Dean.