Chapter 130. Death Takes A Holiday

Deans POV

"No, no, no, you're right, it's definitely weird...okay, Bobby, thanks." Sam says into his phone as Ana types away on her laptop and I mess with the jukebox. "What's up?" Ana asks Sam as he hangs up and I walk over and sit down.

"Bobby found something in Wyoming." He tells us. "A job?" Ana and I ask in unison. "Maybe." Sam says as I take a bite of my burger. "Small town, no one's died in a week and half." Sam says as Ana gives him a confused look.

"That's so unusual?" I ask. "Well, it's how they're not dying. One guy with terminal cancer strolls right out of hospice. Another guy gets capped by a mugger and walks away without a scratch." Sam explains as Ana types on her laptop. "Capped in the ass?" I ask Sam.

"Police say Mr Jenkins was shot in the heart at point-blank range by a nine millimetre." Ana says as she looks at her laptop. "And he's not a donut?" I ask, muffled as my mouth is full of my burger. "Honey, don't talk with your mouth full. It's not attractive." Ana remarks as Sam lets out a small chuckle.

"Locals are saying it's a miracle." She adds, looking at us as I swallow the burger in my mouth. "Okay." I say. "It's got to be something nasty, right?  I mean, people making deals or something." Sam says. "You think?" I ask him. "What else would it be?" He asks me. "I don't know." I say shaking my head.

"With our luck, it could be anything." Ana says. "Alright." Sam says as he grabs his bag and Ana shuts her laptop, putting it into her bag. "Get that to go." Sam tells me, nodding at my burger. I look down and don't move. "Come on." He says as him and Ana stand up. But I don't move except to continue to chew my food as I take another bite.

"What?" Sam asks as he swings his bag over his shoulder. I look up, still chewing before I glance away and back. "Sure you want me going with you?" I asks Sam with a sneer. "Why wouldn't I?" Sam asks. "I don't want to be holding you back or nothing." I spat. "Dude, I've told you a hundred times that was the siren talking, not me." Sam says exasperated but I still glare up at him.

"Dean...do you regret not killing me when you got back from hell?" Ana asks me and I widen my eyes at her, shocked she asked me that. "No of course not! I told you I didn't mean it." I say. "Well, if you didn't mean it then Sam didn't mean it, okay? So, are we going or what?" She asks with a slight attitude as she looks between us.

I stare at her, putting my food down as I feel guilt rush through me. "Yeah, we're going." I grumble, brushing my hands off.

******

"Now, you said you were bloggers?" Jim asks us as we sit at his dinging room table. "Yes, sir. Floored by the Lord dot com." Sam tells him. "All of Gods glory fit to blog." I say grinning as Ana rolls her eyes slightly. I move my hand onto her thigh and she looks down at it but, thankfully, she doesn't move away.

"Um. Some of the people around town are saying what happened to you was a miracle." Ana says to Jim. "It was. Plain as day." He replies. "How can you be so sure?" Sam asks him. "How else do you explain it? The doctors can't. There's a bullet in my heart and it's pumping like a piston." Jim says.

"Well, how do you explain it?" I ask him and he hesitates. He looks over at his daughter, who is in the other room with her mother. "Look, honestly. I was nobody's saint- not exactly father rod the year either." He says. "Okay?" Ana and I say curiously. "But when that guy shot me and I didn't bleed a drop? I just knew the Lord was giving me a second chance." Jim says.

"Is that so?" I ask. "I had this feeling- like angels were watching over me." Jim says then he pauses. "I wouldn't expect you guys to understand." He says. "Well, we'll just have to try." Ana says.