Chapter 152. Paris Hilton?!

Deans POV

I grab a shirt out of the drawer and shove them in my bag after we got back to the motel. "Ready to blow this joint?" I ask Ana and Sam. Sam comes out of the bathroom, zipping up his toiletrie bag as Ana finishes packing hers. "Guys, didn't it strike you as strange the way Gandhi just...vanished?" Sam asks.

"Strange how?" I ask. "Now screaming, no big flame out. I mean, that isn't the way ghosts usually go." Sam says. "Still, Ana torched, he vanished." I say. "Yeah, but I-" Sam sighs. "Also, I feel like he was...trying to take a bite out of me." He finishes.

"A bite?" Ana asks confused. "Yeah, like he was hungry. But the thing is, Gandhi - or the real Gandhi - he was a-" Sam stops and looks a bit embarrassed. "A what?" Ana and I ask as Sam hesitates. "Spit it out." I say annoyed. "He was a fruitarian." Sam tells us and we stare at him before I laugh.

"Let me get this straight. Your, uh, ultimate hero was not only a short man in diapers, but he was also a fruitarian?" I ask. "That's not the point." Sam says exasperated. "That is good. That is- even for you, that is good." I say. "Look, I'm just saying. I'm not so sure this thing is over." Sam says and I spread my arms. "It was a ghost. It was a weirdly super-charged fruitarian ghost, but it was still a ghost. Now let's go." I say as I pick up my bag.

"So first you drag me into town and now you're dragging me back out." Sam says annoyed. "You ain't steering this boat. Let's go, chop, chop." I say as I walk to the door. "You know, this isn't gonna work." Sam says making me stop and turn go him.

"What isn't?" I ask. "Us. You, me, Ana, together. I-I thought it could, but it can't." He tells me and Ana frowns at him. "You're the one that wanted back in, chief." I remind him. "And you're the one who called me back in." Sam argues. "I still think we got some trust building to do." I say and he sighs.

"How long am I gonna be on double-secret probation?" He asks and I shrug. "Till I say so." I say and Ana scoffs. "Dean..." she says exasperated before Sam speaks up again. "Look. I know what I did. What I've done. And I am trying to climb out of that hole. I am, but you're not making it any easier." He tells me.

"So what am I supposed to do, just let you off the hook?" I ask. "No. You can think whatever you want. I deserve it, and worse. Hell, you'll never punish me as much as I'm punishing myself, but the point is, if we're gonna be a team, you and I - it has to be a two-way street." Sam explains.

"So we just go back to the way we were before?" I ask him suspiciously. "No, because we were never that way before. Before didn't work." Sam says and Ana and I frown. "How do you think we got here?" Sam asks and I narrow my eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I question. "Dean, one of the reasons I went off with Ruby...was to get away from you." Sam says. "What?" I say, shocked. "It made me feel strong. Like I wasn't your kid brother." Sam says. "Are you saying this is my fault?" I ask. "No, it's my fault. All I'm saying is that, if we're gonna do this, we have to do it different, we can't just fall into the same rut." He says and I shake my head. "What do you want me to do?" I ask him. "You're gonna have to let me grow up, for starters." He says as my cellphone rings.

I stare at Sam, putting my bag down and answer it. "Yeah?" I answer, looking at Sam before I look away. "Yeah. Yeah, okay." I say before I hang up. "I guess you were right about this not being over." I say as I look at Sam.

******

The three of us, in suits, make our way back to the sheriffs office and see Rick sitting at his desk. "Sherif Carnegie?" Sam says and he looks up at us. "Sheriff, what happened?" Dean asks and Rick looks stunned. "I, uh, uh..." he stammers as he shrugs and shakes his head. "I don't know!" He exclaims and he leads us to an interview room where two young women are sitting at a table, crying. "Excuse us, girls. We're with the FBI." Ana says as we walk in. "Can you tell us what happened?" Sam asks them.