Chapter 51. What's Dead Should Stay Dead

Deans POV

"They buried the body four days ago." Ana says confused as we stare at the empty coffin. "I don't get it." Sam says as he moves his flashlight and Ana furrows her eyebrows. "Guys, look." She says and we kneel down and look at a carving she found. "What is that?" I ask. "I'm not sure." Sam and Ana say. "I've seen these kind of symbols before." I say in realisation.

******

The next day, we go to Dr Masons house and I pound heavily on the door. "Dean, take it easy." Ana says to just as Dr Mason opens the door.

"You're Angie's friends right?" He asks as he looks at us. "Dr Mason..." Sam starts to say gently but I step up. "We need to talk." I say harshly and Ana whacks my arm. "Dean." She says warningly. "Well, then, come in." Dr Mason says as he opens the door wider for us. "Thanks." Ana says politely as we walk in.

"You teach Ancient Greek. Tell me-" I say as I start unwrapping a paper. "...what are these?" I ask and show Dr Mason the paper of which I copied the symbols from the grave. "I don't understand. You said this has something to do with Angela." Mason says confused. "It does. Please, just humour me." I say and Mason looks over the paper.

"They're part of an Ancient Greek divination ritual." He says. "Used for necromancy, right?" Ana asks him. "That's right." Mason nods. "See, before we came over here we stopped by the library and did a little homework ourselves. Apparently, they used rituals like this one for communicating with the dead. Even bringing corpses back to life. Full-on zombie action." I say to him.

"Yes. I mean, according to these legends. Now, what's all this about?" He asks. "I think you know." I say harshly. "Dean." Ana and Sam say warningly. "Look, I get it, okay? There are people that I would give anything to see again. But what gives you the right?" I say, ignoring them.

"Dean!" Ana and Sam say louder. "What are you talking about?" Mason asks me. "What's dead should stay dead!" I yell. "What?" Mason asks confused. "Dean, stop it!" Ana shouts as she grabs my arm but I pull away from her.

"What you brought back isn't even your daughter anymore. These things are vicious, they're violent, they're so nasty they rot the ground around them. I mean, come on, haven't you seen pet cemetery?" I ask angrily. "You're crazy." Mason yells.

"Where is she?" I ask him. "Get out of my house." Mason says as he goes to the phone and starts to dial but I knock it out of his hand. "I know you're hiding her somewhere. Where is she?!" I yell angrily. "Dean! Stop, that's enough! Dean look!" Sam yells as he grabs my jacket and points to a row of plants by the window.

"Beautiful, living plants." Ana says to me before she turns to Mason. "We're leaving." She says. "I'm calling the police." Mason says as I pull out of Sam's grip and storm to the front door. "Sir, we're sorry. We won't brother you again." Sam says and we leave.

I stride down the steps and along the sidewalk, Ana and Sam follow me. "What the hell is the matter with you, Dean?" Ana asks me angrily. "Back off." I growl. "That man is innocent! He didn't deserve that!" Sam shouts.

"Okay, so she's not here, maybe he's keeping her somewhere else." I say. "Stop it! That's enough, okay? Enough!" Ana says firmly. "Ana, I know what I'm doing." I tell her and she shakes her head. "No, you don't." She says. "Dean, I don't scare easy, but man, you're scaring the crap out of me." Sam says.

"Don't be overdramatic, Sam." I say. "You're lucky this turned out to be a real case. Because if it wasn't you would have just found something else to kill." Sam says. "Wha-" I start to say but Ana talks over me.

"You're on edge, you're erratic- except for when you're hunting, because you're downright scary. You're tailspinning, Dean. And you refuse to talk about it and you won't let me and Sam help you." She says. "I can take care of myself, thanks." I tell her and she scoffs.