Chapter 79. The Djinn

Deans POV

I sneak into moms place and bend down by one of her cabinets, looking through it when I find what I want. I hear a noise behind me and I get up, counterattacking and throw Sam to the floor. "That was so easy, I'm embarrassed for you." I tell him.

"Dean? What the hell are you doing here?" Sam asks me as I get up, letting him get up off the floor. "I was looking for a beer." I reply. "In the china cabinet?" He asks as he turns the light on and sees a box of silverware open on the floor.

"That's moms silver." Sam says as he looks at me upset. "Sam." I mutter as he becomes angry. "What, you...you broke into the house...to steal moms silver?" He asks angrily. "It's not what it looks like. Okay, I didn't have a choice." I say to him. "Oh really? Why? What's so damn important you gotta steal from your own mother?" He asks.

"You want the truth?" I ask him. "Yeah, yeah I do." He says and I shrug. "I owe somebody money." I reply. "Who?" Sam asks. "A bookie. I lost big on a game, I gotta bring him the cash tonight." I tell him.

"I can't believe we're even related." Sam grumbles. "Sam, I'm sorry." I say. "Yeah." Sam mutters quietly. "I'm sorry that we don't get along. And I wish to hell I could stay and fix it. But I gotta do this. People's lives depend on it." I tell him as I turn around and take a knife from the box.

"What are you telling about, Dean?" Sam asks me. "Nothing. Forget it. Just uh...hey, tell mom I love her." I say as Sam furrows his eyebrows and I go to the door. "Dean." He says worried and I turn around. "I'll see you, Sammy." I tell him, walking out the door and taking one last look at the house.

I sit in the car with the engine going, thinking, when suddenly, the passenger door opens and Sam gets in the car. "Get out of the car." I tell him firmly. "I'm going with you." He tells me. "You're just gonna slow me down." I say. "Tough." Sam says firmly.

"This is dangerous and you could get hurt." I tell him seriously. "Yeah, and so could you, Dean." He tells me. "Sam-" I start.

"Look, whatever stupid thing you're about to do, you're not doing it alone. And that's that." He says to me firmly. "I don't understand. Why you doing this?" I ask and Sam sighs. "Because you're still my brother." He tells me and I stare at him for a moment.

"Bitch." I mutter and Sam gives me a confused look. "W-what are you calling me a bitch for?" He asks offended. "You're supposed to say jerk." I say to him. "What?" He asks and I shake my head. "Never mind." I mutter as I put the Impala into gear and we drove off.

As we drive down the street, Sam looks at the bag between us in the seat. "What's in the bag?" He asks. "Nothing." I reply simply. "Nothing?" Sam asks. "Yeah, nothing." I say. "Fine." He says as he grabs the bag and opens it.

"You don't wanna do that." I tell him. "Oh really?" He asks as he takes out what's in the bag. It's a container of blood. "What the hell is this?" He asks, gesturing to the container. "Blood." I reply flatly. "Yeah, I can see that it's blood, Dean! What the hell is it doing in here?" He asks, upset. "You don't really want to know." I say.

"No, I-I do really wanna know. I really, really do." Sam says. "Yeah, well you're gonna find out sooner or later. I needed a silver knife dipped in lambs blood." I reply. "You needed a silver knife dipped in lambs blood, why?" He asks. "Because there's this creature. A Djinn. And I have to hunt it." I say.

"Okay, um...stop the car." Sam says. "I know what it sounds like." I say. "Great. Just...stop the car." Sam says again. "It's the truth, Sam. Alright, there are things out there in the dark. There- there- there are bad things. There are nightmares things. And people have to be saved and if we don't save them, nobody will." I tell him.