Chapter 21. Dr Ellicot

Deans POV

That night, we make our way back to the asylum and start to walk up to the entrance. Sam pushes the door open while Ana and I stand beside him. Ana holds a video camera, Sam is holding a flashlight and I'm holding the EMF meter.

"Getting readings?" Sam asks me as we walk in. "Yeah, big time." I reply. "This place is orbing like crazy." Ana says as she looks at the camera. "Probably multiple spirits out and about." I tell her. "And if these uncovered bodies are causing hauntings...." Sam says questioningly.

"We gotta find 'em and burn 'em. Just be careful though. The only thing that makes me more nervous than a pissed of spirit...is the pissed of spirit of a psycho killer." I say and we keep walking around until I stop to look at something as Ana and Sam continue walking.

After a minute, I jump when I hear Ana yell for me. "Dean!" I turn my head and run over to them, rummaging through my bag. "Shotgun!" Sam yells. "Ana, Sam, get down!" I shout. Sam grabs Anas arm and yanks her to the ground while I shoot the woman, who disintegrates.

The three of us look around, gasping for breath. "That was weird." Ana says. "Yeah. You're telling me." I say as I help her up and we move into the next room. "No, Dean, I mean it was weird she didn't attack me or Sam." Ana says. "Looked pretty aggro from where I was standing." I say. "She didn't hurt us. She didn't even try! So if she didn't want to hurt me or Ana, then what did she want?" Sam asks.

But before I can reply, we hear a noise coming from a room we were passing. I immediately raise my shotgun as Sam flicks on the flashlight and shines it in the room. We approach a metal bed, covered with a ripped sheet, on it side, and see blonde hair sticking out the top. The three of us share a look before we brace ourselves.

Sam reaches out and tips the bed over. From there is a girl crouched down, facing the corner. She spins round to face us, terrified and gasping. "It's alright, we're not going to hurt you." Ana says softly as the girl looks around us with tears in her eyes. "It's okay. What's your name?" I ask her. "Katherine. Kat." She replies. "Okay, I'm Dean. This is Ana and Sam." I introduce.

"What are you doing here?" Sam asks her. "Um. My boyfriend, Gavin." She replies shakily. "Is he here?" Ana asks her. "Somewhere. He thought it would be fun, try and see some ghosts. I thought it was all just...you know. Pretend. I've seen things. I heard Gavin scream and I..." She stops and starts to sob.

"Alright, Kat? Come on. Sam's gonna get you outta here and then we're gonna find your boyfriend." I tell her. "No! No. I'm not going to leave without Gavin. I'm coming with you." She says frantically. "It's no joke around here, okay? It's dangerous." I warn her. "That's why I gotta find him." She says. The three of us look at each other and Sam shrugs at us.

"Alright, I guess we're gonna split up then. Let's go." Me and Ana go one way as Sam and Kat go the other.

I start beating this door down when Ana comes running back to me. "What's going on?" She asks and I look over my shoulder at her. "She's inside with one of them!" I shout and Kat screams. "Help me!!"

"Kat!" A voice yells and I turn my head to see Sam and another guy, who I assume is Gavin, coming towards us. "Get me outta here!" Kat yells just as Sam goes up to the door. "Kat, it's not going to hurt you. Listen to me. You've got to face it. You've got to calm down." He tells her.

"She's gotta what?!" I ask him as I look at Sam confused. "I have to what?!" Kat yells through the door. "These spirits, they're not tying to hurt us, they're trying to communicate. You gotta face it. You gotta listen to it." Sam tells her again.

"You face it!" Kat yells back. "No! It's the only way you get out of there." Sam tells her. "No!" She screams. "Look at it, come on. You can do it." Sam encourages her.