Chapter 122. Wishful Thinking

Deans POV

"It just doesn't make any sense, Dean. I mean, why would Uriel tell us you remember hell if you didn't?" Sam asks me, as I down shot after shot, as we sit in a restaurant. "Maybe because he's a dick. Might have something to do with it." I reply, nonchalantly. "Maybe, but he's still an Angel." Sam points out. "Yeah, an Angel who was ready to level an entire town. Look, I don't know what-" I say start to say when our waiter, who is way too cheery for mine and Ana's taste, comes up to us.

"Radical. What else can I get for you?" He asks and we turn to him. "Uh, I think we're good." Sam tells him. "Yeah?" The waiter asks. "Yeah." Sam says, trying to sound patient. "You want to try a couple of fryer bombs? Or a chipotle chill changa?" The waiter asks. "No, no, we're-we're still good." I tell him. "Okay, awesome." The waiter says before he walks away.

"Guys, honestly, I have no idea why Uriel told you two what he did, okay?" I say. "Right." Sam and Ana say, clearly not believing me. "What?" I ask them annoyed. "Okay. Fine." Sam says defensively before Ana leans towards me. "Dean, look me in the eye and tell me you don't remember a thing from your time down under." She says firmly and I lean forward. "I don't remember a thing from my time down under." I tell her. "Bullshit." She says.

"I don't remember, Ana!" I exclaim to her. "Look, Dean, we just want to help." Sam says. "You guys know everything I do. Okay? That's all there is." I say getting angry as the waiter come back up to us.

"Outstanding. Desert time? Huh? Am I right?" He asks. "Dude." I sigh. "Listen bros. You have got to try our ice cream extreme. It's extreme." The waiter says. "We're finished. Can we just have the-" Ana starts to say but he talks over her. "Check? Alright, awesome."

"Thanks." Ana says as he walks away and I turn to them. "Alright, so, where do we go from here?" I ask them. "I'm not sure. Uh, it looks like it's been pretty quiet lately. No signs of demon activity, no omens or portents I can see." Sam says as he looks through his laptop. "That's good news for once." Ana says as I drink my beer.

"Yeah, just the typical smattering of crank UFO sightings and one possible vengeful spirit. Here, check this out. Uh...up in Concrete, Washington, eyewitness reports of a ghost that's been haunting the showers of a woman's health faculty." Sam reads and I choke on my beer. "The witness claims the ghost threw her down a flight of stairs." Sam says as I start to scramble out of my seat.

"I see you're very interested." Sam says. "Women, showers. We got to save these people." I say and Ana glares at me. "I'm kidding!" I tell her as she shakes her head.

******

Anas POV

"I'm not surprised the spirit world chose to make contact with me. I'm something of a...natural sensitive." Candice says to me. I'm sitting in a restaurant called Lucky Chin's and was in the middle of meeting the woman who was "attacked" by a ghost in the showers. Sam and Dean are at the fitness centre, checking the place out. "Yeah, I'm sure you are. The whole...sensitive thing." I say, giving her a fake smile.

"So, what did you say you're calling your book?" She asks me curiously. "Oh, uh...the working title is Supernatural. Yeah, I've been crossing the country, gathering stories like yours. But anyways, you were telling me about your encounter." I say. "Yeah, well..." Candace says before she sighs.

"Once I saw the apparition, that's when I started to run." She explains as I see a couple kissing at another table. It's a very nerdy looking guy with a very pretty woman. That just seems way out of place to me, that girl is way out of that guys league, how the hell did he get her? "And you said the ghost chased you?" I ask her as I snap my attention back to her. "Not just that. It knew my name. It kept yelling, Mrs Armstrong! Mrs Armstrong! And that's when I hit the stairs and fell." She explains and I furrow my brows in confusion.