Chapter 112. In The Beginning

Deans POV

"Dean." I groan as I blink my eyes open. "Dean, come on." Ana nudges me and I look up at her. "What?" I ask. "Sam's gone again." She tells me and I sit up. "For Gods sake." I say just as we hear a noise and look at the foot of the bed seeing Castiel standing there.

"What do you want now?" Ana asks him exasperated. "Listen to me, both of you. You have to stop it." He tells us. "Stop what?" I ask as Castiel puts two fingers to each of our foreheads.

******

"Move it guys-" A voice orders and I wake up to see I'm outside on a bench, my head raising from Ana's lap, the voice belonging to a cop. "...you two can't sleep here." He says. "Okay...sleep where?" I ask with a groan as I sit up. "Anywhere but here." The officer says as he walks away.

"What the hell?" Ana mumbles as she looks around and I try to make a call on my cell but get no signal. "Perfect." I growl as we stand up. Moments later, we enter a diner called JAY BIRDS DINER and sit at a counter next to a young darked haired man.

"Hey, where the hell are we?" Ana asks us. "Jay Birds Diner." The man replies. "Yeah, thanks. I meant, uh, city and state." She says. "Lawerence, Kansas." The man replies and me and Ana are taken aback. "Lawerence." We say shocked.

"Hey, you guys okay?" The man asks us, concerned. "Yeah, tough night." I say as I shake my head as the man turns to the waiter. "Hey, uh, coffee here, Reg." He tells him.

"Okay, coming right up." Reg says while I pull my cell phone from my pocket. "Can you tell me where I can get reception on this thing?" I ask and the man gives me a confused look. "The USS Enterprise?" The man asks with sarcasm. Me and Ana look at Reg as he brings the coffee over and notice he is dressed in 1970's hippie gear.

"Thanks...nice threads. You know Sonny and Cher broke up, right?" I say after accepting the coffee. "Sonny and Cher broke up?" The young man asks then Ana nudges me and nods her head at the rest of diner. I look around and notice everyone is dressed in 1970's era clothes. I look at the newspaper the young man is reading. The headline reads: 'Nixon accepts resignation of top...' and the date is Monday, April 30th, 1973. Me and Ana mouth the words 'seventy three' to each other in confusion as another man enters the diner.

"Hey, Winchester." He calls out and me and the man look around. The man shakes the young man's hand. "Son of a bitch. How you doing Corporal?" The man asks. "Hey, Mr D." The young man greets.

"I heard you were back." The older man says. "Yeah, a little while now." The young man says. "Good to have you home John, damn good." The older man says and mine and Ana's eyes widen in shock. "Dad?" "John?" We both mutter.

"Well, say hello to your old man for me." The older man says to John. "You got it, Mr D." He replies and turns around noticing me and Ana staring at him. "Do we know each other?" He asks us. "I guess not." I mutter as he gets up to leave. "Take it easy, guys." He says, patting my shoulder before he leaves. "Yeah." Is all we say, our minds still reeling.

******

We follow behind dad, at least I think it is, turning a corner when we bump into Castiel. "What is this?" I ask him. "What does it look like?" Castiel asks me as I look around. "Is it real?" Ana asks him. "Very." He says as he nods.

"Okay, so what? Angels got their hands on some deloreans?" I ask sarcastically and Castiel gives me a confused look. "How did we get here?" Ana asks. "Time is fluid, Anastasia. It's not easy, but we can bend it on occasion." He replies.

"Well bend it back or tell us what the hell we're doing here!" I yell angrily. "I told you two you have to stop it." Castiel says. "Stop why? Huh? What, is there something nasty after my dad?" I ask as a car horn sounds out and me and Ana turn to it. When we turn back, Castiel is gone. "Oh, come on! What, are you allergic to straight answers, you son of a bitch?!" I growl annoyed.