Chapter 26. Nightmare

Deans POV

I feel Ana stir making wake up. I blink my eyes open seeing her twitching in her sleep, sweat dripping down her face. "Ana." I gently shake her but get no response. "Ana." I try again and she bolts right, the same Sam does. Both of them panting.

"Please tell me you didn't have the same vision?" Sam asks her and her eyes widen. "Unless you dreamt about a man in his car..." she trails off and Sam nods. "Shit." They both mumble.

******

I drive the car while Sam is on the phone as Ana sits beside me. "McReady. Detective McReady. Badge number 158. I've got a signal 480 in progress, I need the registered owner of a two door sedan, Michigan license plate, Mary-Frank-six-zero-three-seven." Sam says as he reads from his notebook. "Yeah okay, just hurry." He says as Ana's leg bounces up and down.

I place my hand on her thigh, her leg stopping instantly as I rub my thumb back and forth. "You okay?" I ask her lowly. "I don't know." She whispers back and I sigh, squeezing her leg, before continuing to rub my thumb.

"Guys you need to relax. I'm sure it's just a nightmare." I say to them both. "Yeah, tell us about it." Sam grumbles. "I mean it. You know, a normal, everyday, naked-in-class, nightmare. The licence plate, it won't check out. You'll see." I tell them. "It felt different Dean. Real. Like when I dreamt about our old house or Jessica dying, right Ana?" He asks and she nods. "He's right. It felt like I was there, like I was in the room with him." Ana replies and Sam nods.

"Why would you two have premonitions about some random dude in Michigan?" I ask them. "I don't know." They exclaim. "Me neither." I say before Sam turns back to his phone. "Yes I'm here." He says as he glares at me and picks up a pen. "Jim Miller. Saginaw, Michigan. You have a street address? Got it. Thanks." He says as he writes in his notebook then hangs up the phone.

"Checks out. How far are we?" He asks. "From Saginaw? Couple of hours." Ana replies. "Dean drive faster." Sam says firmly and I put the pedal to the metal.

******

Eventually, we cruise to a stop and see ambulances and someone on a stretcher being zipped up in a body bag. Ana and Sam turn to each other in the car before they look at me.

Moments later, we approach the crowd. "What happened?" I ask the woman next to me. "Suicide. Can't believe it." The woman replies as Ana and Sam come to stand next to me.

"Did you know them?" I ask her. "Saw him in every Sunday at St.Augustines. He always seemed....seemed so normal. I guess you never know what going on behind closed doors." She says. "Guess not." Ana mumbles as she stares at the house.

"How are they saying it happened?" Sam asks her. "I heard they found him in the garage, locked inside his car with the engine running." She replies. "Do you know about what time they found?" Sam asks. "Oh, it just happened about an hour or two ago. His poor family. I can't even imagine what they're going through." She says sadly.

A woman stands on the front step of the house, crying and leaning against a middle aged man. A young man stands behind them, looking distraught. Ana shakes her head before turning and walking away as Sam follows her.

"Guys, we got here as fast as we could." I try to assure them as we walk to the trunk. "Not fast enough." Sam grumbles. "It doesn't make any sense. Why would Sam and I even have these premonitions if there wasn't a chance we could stop them from coming true?" Ana asks annoyed. "I dunno." I say lightly.

"So what do you think killed him?" Sam asks me. "Maybe the guy just killed himself? Maybes there's nothing supernatural going on at all." I reply shrugging. "I'm telling you, I watched it happen." Sam says and Ana nods. "He was murdered by something, Dean. I watched it trap him in the garage." She adds.