Chapter 36. Provenance

Deans POV

Me and Ana walk out of the bars bathroom, me fixing my jacket as she fixes her hair. We walk over to the take Sam is at and he looks up at us with a glare as we sit down opposite him. "What?" I ask. "Seriously? You two going to be this often?" He asks and I smirk, wrapping my arm around Ana's shoulder. "Been waiting years for this, Sam. So yes. Get used to it." I tell him.

"What you got?" Ana asks him. "Mark and Ann Telesca of New Paltz, New York we're both found dead in their own home, a few days ago. Throats were slit. They were no prints, no murder weapons, all..." Sam trails off as I stare at Ana with a smile.

"Dean!" Sam shouts snapping me out of my stare as Ana chuckles. "No prints, no murder weapons, all doors and windows locked from the inside." Sam says as I drink my beer. "Could just be a garden variety murder you know, not our department." I say. "No. Dad says different." Sam argues.

"What do you mean?" Me and Ana ask as Sam points at the map. "Dad noted three murders in the same area of upstate New York. First one in here in 1912, second one right here in 1945, and the third in 1970, the same M.O as the Telescas. Their throats were slit, door were locked from the inside. Now, so much time has passed between the murders that nobody checked the pattern, except dad. He kept his eyes peeled for another one." Sam explains.

"And now we got one. Alright, I'm with ya. It's worth checking out. We can't pick this up till first thing though, right?" I ask. "Yeah." Sam nods as I grin and stand up. I grab Ana and throw her over my shoulder making her laugh. "Again? Dean, are you serious?" Sam asks and I nod.

"Yep. Got a lot of years to make up for, Sammy." I say before I hightail it out of the bar with my girl.

******

The car horn goes off making me and Ana jump awake. I look out the window and see Sam laughing as climbs into the drivers seat. "That was fucking unnecessary." Ana grumbles from the backseat. "Man, that is so not cool." I agree as I adjust my sunglasses.

"I just swept the Telescas with EMF. It's clean. And last night, while the two of you were...well...out..." he says as I smirk, glancing at Ana. "Good times." I say and she rolls her eyes slightly, fixing her hair. "Stop reliving it." She says and I shake my head. "Nope. It's imprinted in my head now, sweetheart." I say as I wink at her.

"Anyway, I checked the history of the house. Nothing strange about the Telescas." Sam says. "Alright, so if it's not the people and it's not the house, then maybe it's the contents. Cursed object or something." I say. "The house is clean." Sam says. "Yeah, we know. You said that." Ana says. "No, I mean it's empty. No furniture, nothing." He says and me and Ana look at each other confused.

"Where's all their stuff?" We asks in unison.

******

We park at an art auction, which was held in this large and nice house, and begin to wander around. The three of us look out of place in our casual clothing. "Consignment auctions, estate sales. Looks like a garage sale for Wasps if you ask me." I say after I take some finger food from a tray on a table.

"Can I help you gentlemen and lady?" A man asks us. I look him up and down before putting more food in my mouth. "I'd like some champagne please." I say, putting on a posh voice. "He's not a waiter." Sam says sharply as Ana shakes her head.

"I'm Sam Connors." Sam says as he holds his hand out to the man, who just looks at him. Sam drops his hand then points at me and Ana. "That's my brother Dean, and his girlfriend, Ana. We're art dealers with Connors Limited."

"You. Are....Art dealers." The man says disbelieving. "That's right." Sam says as Ana nods at him. "I'm Daniel Blake, this is my auction house. Now gentlemen and lady, this is a private showing and I don't remember seeing you on the guest list." He sneers at us. "We're there, Chuckles. You just need to take another look." I say as a waiter goes past with a tray of drinks.