Chapter 66. Houses Of The Holy

Anas POV

Gloria is seated, quietly, on her bed in a psych ward. Her hair is straight and her face clean. She's wearing a bathrobe and reading a book held in her left hand. I open the door and me and Sam walk in as Gloria turns to us. "Good morning. You're not the usual people." She says to us.

"No, uh, just filling in. So how you feeling today, Gloria?" I ask and Gloria smiles. "I've never felt better." She replies. "So, no disturbances lately?" Sam asks her. "You mean am I stark raving cuckoo for cocoa puffs?" Gloria asks. "We didn't say that." Sam says softly. "It's alright. I know what people must think." Gloria says.

"What do you think?" I ask her. "I think what I saw was real." She replies as Sam and I pull up a chair for each of us, and set our clipboards down. We lean forward, elbows on our knees, and give her an intensely earnest look. "We'd like to know what you saw." Sam tells her.

"It was all over the news. I stabbed a man in the heart." Gloria says. "Why would you do that?" I ask her curiously. "Because it was Gods will." Gloria replies, smiling, and we give her a curious look.

"Did God talk to you?" Sam asks her. "No. I get the sense God's a little busy for house calls. No, he-he sent someone." She tells us. "Someone?" I ask questioning. "An Angel. It came to me in this beautiful white light, and it filled me with this feeling. It's-its hard to describe." She tells me.

"And this Angel..." Sam says curiously. "Spoke God's word." Gloria replies. "And the word was to kill someone?" I ask. "I know, it sounds strange. But what I did was very important. I helped him smite an evil man. I was chosen. For redemption." She says.

"This man you stabbed, did the Angel give you his name?" Sam asks her. "No, he just told me to wait for the sign. And the very next day I saw it, right beside the man's doorway. And I knew." She replies. "Why him?" I ask. "I just know what the Angel told me; that this man was guilty to his deepest foundations. And that was good enough for me." Gloria says as me and Sam give each other a worried look.

******

Deans POV

I feel someone lips touch mine and a smile tugs at my lips as I grab Ana's hips, rolling her onto to the bed beside me. "Hey!" She exclaims as she brushes the hair out of her face. "Hey baby." I say pecking her lips as Sam clears his throat.

"Oh, hey man. Sam, you gotta try this. I mean, there really is magic in the Magic Fingers." I tell him as I put air quotes on the last words. "Dean, you're enjoying that way too much. It's kind of making me uncomfortable." Sam says as Ana sits up.

"What am I supposed to do? I mean, you have me on lockdown here and you take my girl away so I can't touch her. I'm bored out of my skull." I groan as Sam grimaces. "Please never say that last sentence again." He begs. "And besides, you were the bank robber on the eleven o'clock news baby, not us. We can't risk you walking into a government facility." Ana tells me and I hum, tracing my hand up and down her back.

Sam waves a dismissive hand at me as he walks into the bathroom. The bed shutters to stillness. "Aw, damnit! That was my last quarter." I growl before I turn to Ana. "Baby, you got any quarters?" I ask as I get up. "No." She tells me as I go across the room and lean against the doorway as Sam washes his face.

"You got any quarters?" I ask him. "No!" He shouts and I sigh. "So did you get in to see the crazy hooker?" I ask them. "Yeah. Gloria Sitnick. And we're not so sure she's crazy." Ana tells me.

"But she seriously believes that she was...touched by Angels?" I ask. "Yeah. Blinding light, feelings of spiritual energy, the works. I mean, she's living in a locked ward and she's totally at piece." Sam replies. "Oh yeah, you're right, sounds completely sane." I joke.