Chapter 110. Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester

Deans POV

Bobby is sitting at a desk with a pile of books in front of him while Sam and Ana are sitting in a corner, talking to me as I stand. "Well, then tell me what else it could be." Sam says to me. "Look, all I know is I was not groped by an Angel." I say.

"Why do you think Castiel would lie about it?" Ana asks me. "Maybe he's some kind of demon. Demons lie." I reply. "A demon who's immune to salt rounds and devil traps...and Ruby's knife? Dean, Lilith is scared of that thing!" Sam exclaims.

"Don't you think that if angels were real, then some hunter somewhere would have seen one...at some point...ever?" I ask. "Uh, we just did, Dean." Ana says and I scoff.  "I'm trying to come up with a theory here, baby. Okay? Work with me." I growl.

"Dean, we have a theory." Sam says. "Yeah, one with a little less fairy dust on it please." I say. "Okay, look. I'm not saying we know for sure. I'm just saying that I think we-" Sam starts to explain but I talk over him. "Okay, okay. That's the point. We don't know for sure, so I'm not believe that this thing is a freaking Angel of the Lord because it says so!" I yell.

"You three chuckleheads want to keep arguing religion, or do you want to come take a look at this?" Bobby calls out and we get up and walks over to his desk. "I got stacks of lore - biblical, pre-biblical. Some of its in damn cuneiform. It all says an Angel can snatch a soul from a pit." He tells us.

"What else?" I ask. "What else, what?" Bobby says shrugging. "What else could do it?" I ask. "Airlift your ass out of the hot box? As far as I can tell, nothing." Bobby says as Ana places her hands on my hips.

"Dean, this ain't the worse news." She says. "How?" I ask her. "Because for once, this ain't another round of demon crap. I mean, maybe someone good saved you for once?" Sam answers, hope in his voice. "Okay. Say it's true. Say there are angels. Then what? There's a God?" I ask suspiciously.

"At this point? Vegas money's on yeah." Bobby says as Sam nods. "I don't know, guys." I say. "Okay, look. I know you're not all choirboy about this stuff, but this is becoming less and less about faith and more and more about proof." Sam says. "Proof?" Ana and I ask. "Yes." Sam says.

"Proof that there's a God out there that actually gives a crap about me personally. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it." I say, shaking my head. "Why not?" Sam asks. "Because why me? If there is a god out there, why would he give a crap about me?" I ask.

"Dean..." Sam and Ana says exasperated but I talk over them. "I mean, I've saved some people, okay? I figured that made up for the stealing and credit fraud. But why do I deserve to get saved? I'm just a regular guy." I say. "Apparently, you're a regular guy that important to the man upstairs." Sam points out. "Well, that creeps me out. I mean, I don't like getting singled out at parties, much less by...God." I say.

"Okay, well, too bad Dean, because I think he wants you to strap on your party hat." Sam says. "Fine. What do we know about angels?" I ask and Bobby picks up a pile of weighty looking books and puts them in front of me.

"Start reading." He tells me and I looks towards the pile of books before I look at Sam. "You're gonna get me some pie." I tell him as I grab a book from the top of the pile.

******

The next half an hour, Ana, Bobby and I spent researching about angels but I don't think Ana's concentrating. I can see her keep looking at me and I think she's still in shock that I'm here, that I'm back with her.

Bobby has been trying to call a friend who he believes might have some information on angels but he isn't getting a response. He got worried before we hear Sam pull up and Bobby tells us to follow him.