Chapter 46. Everyone Loves A Clown

Deans POV

The three of us stand outside and in front of a funeral pyre. Earlier, we placed dads body on it and I lit a fire as we stood there, watching the flames grow. The only light, in the night area, came from dads body burning. I swallowed the large lump in my throat. Sam is near tears and fidgeting, Ana has silent tears dripping down her cheeks but she barely blinks, and I stare into the flames silently.

"Before he...before, did he say anything to you? About anything?" Sam asks me. "No. Nothing." I reply flatly, not looking at him. Ana slowly links her fingers with mine as she holds Sams hand and I tighten my hold on her hand.

******

One Week Later.

"How's the car coming along?" I hear Ana ask as I work on the Impala. "Slow." I tell her. "Need any help?" She asks. "No, I've got it. Thanks baby." I tell her even though she is good with cars.

I push myself out from under the car and stand up, seeing Ana frowning at the ground. I nudge her chin up with my knuckle, making her eyes meet mine. "You okay?" I ask her and she tilts her head at me. "Shouldn't I be asking you that?" She asks in return and my lips tilt up.

"I can still ask you. You're my girl." I tell her and she smiles softly as she wraps her arms around my waist, I wrap one of arms around her neck as she kisses me softly. She gives me as soft smile as she pulls back as we hear footsteps.

She lets go of me and turns around as Sam walk up to us. "I think I've got something." He says as he pulls out a cellphone. "This is one of dads old phones. Took me a while, but I cracked his voicemail code. Listen to this." He says and hands the phone to me as I take it reluctantly.

"John, it's Ellen. Again. Look, don't be stubborn, you know I can help you. Call me." A female voice says after I played the message. "That message is four months old." Sam tells us. "Dad saved that chicks message for four months?" I ask. "Yeah." Sam nods.

"Well, who's Ellen? Any mention of her in Johns journal?" Ana asks. "No. But I ran a trace on her phone number and I got an address." Sam says. "Ask Bobby if we can use one of his cars." I say and Sam nods.

******

In a beat-up, poorly maintained mini van, Ana, Sam and I pull up to an old bar called Roadhouse Saloon. "This is humiliating. I feel like a frigging soccer mom!" I grumble as we climb out of the van. "It's the only car Bobby had running." Sam says as we walk up and look around.

"Hello? Anybody here?" Ana calls out but nothing. "Hey. You bring the, uh..." I say to Sam as I look at him. "Of course." He says as he tosses me a lock pick. I kneel down and pick the lock and open the door before we go inside.

The saloon is quiet except for a fly buzzing then a light bulb blows out. We go to the back and see a person passed out on a pool table. "Hey, buddy?" Sam calls out to the person but the person doesn't respond.

"I'm guessing that isn't Ellen." Sam says, gesturing to the passed out person. "Yeah." I mumble as me and Sam walk into the back as we hear a smash. We both look at each other before a gun is pressed against my back. "You two. Move." A female voice says and we walk out seeing Ana holding a shotgun and a blonde girl on the floor.

"I did warn you." Ana says to the girl who sighs as she gets up. "Sam! Dean! Where are yo...oh, there you are." Ana says as she turns to us. "Sam and Dean? Winchester?" The woman asks behind us. "Yeah." Me and Sam mumble. "Son of a bitch. And I'm guessing your Ana Steele." The woman says to Ana who nods suspiciously.