Chapter 100. Ghostfacers

"Stay low. Follow formation." Ed tells his team as they walk up to the chain linked fence at the Morton House. "Okay, as suspected. A lot of people have tried to break into the Morton House. The local authorities have just gotten fed up." Ed explains to them. "Looks like the cops have got this place pretty well fenced off." Harry says as he begins to pull out the wire cutters.

"Wait. Didn't you guys get, like, a permit or something?" Maggie asks them, making Ed and Harry look at her. "A permit?" Harry asks confused, then he and Ed share a look. "That's a good idea for next time." Harry says as Ed nods. "Yeah." He says as they start to cut the chain when spruce shouts. "Car!"

"Car. Shh! Shh! Flashlights off." Harry tells the others and the team turn their flashlights off. "Keep totally still." Maggie whispers as the loud rumble of a car engine approach's, along with a radio playing, 'We're an American Band'.

The car pulls up and they can see three people inside of it. The passenger and backseat driver stick their heads out and pull out their flashlights. They shine them towards the Morton House for a few moments before they drive away.

"It's okay. Not cops - just hicks." Spruce informs the team as Ed opens the gate with wire cutters. "Ed's got it." Harry says and everyone gets up. "Guys, let's go! Let's go! Let's go! Go! Go!" Harry says and they start to make their way to the house.

"Hear that people? Let's keep it quiet." Ed tells the team as they make their way deeper into the house after they make it inside the building. "There's the kitchen sink." Harry tells Ed. "Copy that. Copy that." Ed says as they make their way into the living room area.

"Alright, everybody. Ghostfacers, let's line up. Everybody. We'll set up camp right here. This is command centre one." Ed says and everyone sets down the equipment on the floor. "We're call this the Eagles Nest." Harry says as everyone starts to set up the equipment.

"Hallway cam one up and running." Corbett says after he sets a camera up in one of the hallways. "Looking good, Corbett." Ed compliments from the main base, through the walkie. "Copy that, Ed." Corbett says smiling while Ed seems baffled. "Uh...uh, you're welcome." He stammers.

"Alright, Spruce, how are we doing there, buddy?" He asks him through the walkie. "Checking basement camera two, mein fuhrer." Spruce replies. "Maggie, I got no visual on you, Maggie." Ed says. "This is Maggie. Do you copy?" She asks through the walkie. "There you are. Hello. Harry, are you alive?" Ed asks. "Upstairs, Ed. Camera one." Harry tells him.

"Looking good. I can smell syndication. Alright, fellas. Let's regroup at the Eagles Nest." Ed says to the others.

******

Morton House
10:40pm
Base Camp

"Alright, Spangler. Battery check, battery check. Check. Okay." Harry says as they check their equipment. "Check. Check. Yo, Corbett dude." Spruce says as he looks through his camera and at Corbett, who has a flashlight strapped to his head. "Looking good Corbett." Harry says.

"You're robocop." Spruce says to Corbett. "R-robocop? You think I- I look like Robocop?" Corbett asks but before Spruce can reply, Ed speaks up. "Everybody, bring it in. Bring it in." He says and everyone gathers in a circle.

"We've all been here before. Standard walk through. Team one, west. Team two, east. Spin the tyres, light the fires. Ghostfacers on three. 1, 2, 3..." Ed says then all of them shout. "Ghostfacers!"

******

Morton House
10:51pm

"Hello! I'm speaking to the restless spirits of the Morton House!" Ed calls out as he Corbett walk around the first floor. "Okay." Corbett mutters as they continue. "Hello! My name's Ed." Ed shouts then he turns to Corbett. "Careful. Watch my back." He says to him. "Okay. Okay." Corbett replies.