Chapter 52. Simon Said

Ana's Vision

A late muddled aged man, Dr Jennings, walks down the sidewalk. His cell phone rings and he picks it up. "Hello. Yeah. Alright." He says as he lowers the phone.

A city bus with a triangular Blue Ridge logo on the front passes. He smiles, turns, and continues walking. Across the street he enters a sports equipment shop and approaches a man leaning against a counter reading a guns magazine.

"Afternoon, Dennis." Jennings greets. "Hey, doc." Dennis greets back smiling. "I'd like to look at a gun." Jennings says and Dennis begins to laugh. "Yeah, right, doc." He says as Jennings looks at him and he stops laughing.

"Seriously?" Dennis says and Jennings nods, slightly. Dennis crosses behind the counter in front of a display of guns. Jennings looks around, then points. "That one." He says and Dennis unlocks the display and pulls out the indicated gun. "Okay. That's a turkey hunter, twelve gauge, pump action. Doesn't leave enough turkey behind, if you ask me." Dennis explains.

"What sort of shells does it use?" Jennings asks and Dennis pulls a box from under the counter. "Right here. I'm taking the boys up to the cabin this weekend if you're, uh...I mean if you think you might like to take up the sport." Dennis says as Jennings starts to take shells and starts to fit them into the gun. "Thanks, but no. You know guns make me nervous, always have. This one goes in here right?" Jennings asks as he loads the gun.

"Whoa, Doc! No, you can't load a weapon on the premises, it's illegal!" Dennis exclaims. "It's okay, Dennis." Jennings assures. "No, no." Dennis says in a panic. "It's okay, Dennis. It's all gonna be okay." Jennings says as he turns the gun on Dennis.

"Doc!" Dennis exclaims in fear just as Jennings fires. Dennis is hurled backwards into the wall as the blast hits him. The other customers start to panic. "No, no, it's okay. It's okay. It's all gonna okay." Jennings says as he presses stew shotgun against his chin and fires it.

Deans POV

Ana gasps in pain as she leans forward and places her head on the table. She places her hands over her head, grasping it. "Ana..." I say, my voice filled with worry when she groans in pain again. "No..." she groans.

"Ana! Hey!" I say as she slowly raises her head and looks at me. She looks around as people look at her as they walk by, and probably realises we're still in the bar. "Baby, what's wrong?" I ask her. "We...need to...check...on Sam." She whispers as I stare at her. "Vision." She whispers as she grimaces.

"Okay, stay here. I'll be back in a sec." I tell her as I squeeze her shoulder, walking past her and to the mens bathroom.

******

Ana is sitting next to me as I drive as Sam sits in the back as we drive down a dark two lane road. The radio is playing. "Rocking Nebraska. Your source for the classics, all night long." The announcer says. "I don't know, guys, why don't we just chill out, think about this." I say as Ana shuts off the radio.

"What's there to think about?" She asks. "I don't know if going to the Roadhouse is a smart idea." I say to them. "Dean, it's another premonition. Ana and I know it. This is gonna happen, and Ash can tell us where." Sam says. "Yeah, man, but..." I start to say but Ana shakes her head. "Plus it could have some connection with the demon. Our visions always do." She says.

"That's my point. There's gonna be hunters there. I don't know if-if-if going in and announcing you two are some supernatural freaks with a, a demonic connection is the best thing, okay?" I say as they look over at me. "So we're freaks now?" They ask in unison and I look over at them before I slap Anas thigh, resting my hand on it after.