Chapter 102. Long Distance Call

Deans POV

Sam and Ana walk across the city square towards me as I sit on a bench, talking on my phone. I hang up then in one motion, I pick up and throw an unopened can of soda to Sam then to Ana before I stand up, shoving the last of the food I was eating in my mouth.

"So?" I ask them, still chewing on my food. "So, the professor doesn't know crap." Sam tells me and I hum. "Shocking." I say. "Pack your panties, you two, we're hitting the road." I tell them. "Where?" Sam asks confused.

"What's up?" Ana asks. "That was Bobby. Some banker guy blew his head off in Ohio and he thinks there's a spirit involved." I reply. "So you two were talking about a case?" Sam asks me. "No, we were actually talking about our feelings. And then our favourite boy bands." I tell him sarcastically making Ana snort.

"Yeah, we were talking a case!" I tell him annoyed. "So a spirit, what?" Ana asks me. "Yeah, the banker was talking about some sort of electrical problems at his pad for like a week. Phone was going haywire, computer was flipping on and off." I reply.

"Huh..." Sam says unimpressed. "This is not ringing your bell?" I ask him. "Well, sure, yeah. But, Dean, we're already on a case." Sam says. "Whose?" I ask. "Yours." Ana and Sam says in unison. "Right. Yeah. Well, you coulda fooled me." I grumble.

"What the hell else have we been doing lately other than trying to break your deal?" Sam asks me angrily and annoyed. "Chasing our tails, that's what. Sam, we've talked to every professor, witch, soothsayer and two bit carny act in the lower 48. Nobody knows squat! Md we can't find Bela, we can't find the Colt. So until we actually find something, I'd like to do my job." I exclaim.

"Well, there's one thing we haven't tried yet..." I say and I shake my head as I realise what Sam is suggesting. "Sam, no." I tell him. "We should summon Ruby." He says. "I'm not gonna have this fight with you." I grumble. "She said she knows how to save you." Sam says hopeful. "Well, she can't." I tell him.

"Oh really? You know that for sure?" Sam asks. "I do. And so does Ana." I say. "How?" Sam asks suspiciously. "Because she told us, Sam." Ana tells him and Sam looks at her.

"What?" He says shocked. "She told us. Flat out. She can't save me. Nobody can." I say. "And you guys just somehow neglected to mention this to me?" Sam asks hurt. "Well, I don't really care what that bitch thinks and neither should you, so..." I say to him.

"So what, now you guys are keeping secrets from me?" Sam asks us and Ana turns to him. "You really wanna talk about who's keeping secrets from who? I mean, there's a demon out there who's after me and you neglected to tell me so don't go down that route, Sam." Ana sneers at him. They stare at each other in silence for a long second before Sam turns away and walks off.

"Now where you going?" I ask him. "Guess I'm going to Ohio." Sam exclaims before me and Ana start to follow him.

******

"I found him there." Mrs Walters tell us as the three of us dressed in suits, follow her into the study area. "Why don't you tell us everything you saw, Mrs Walters?" I say to her. "You mean beside my dead husband?" She asks, slightly offended. "Just everything else you saw. Please." Sam says and she sighs.

"Blood. Everywhere. The phone was ripped from the wall, his favourite scotch on the desk, what else could you possibly want to now?" She says upset. "Why was the phone ripped from the wall?" Ana asks her. "I don't know." She says.

"You mind if I take a look?" Ana asks and she waves her hand vaguely and Ana walks over to the phone. "I already went over this with the other detectives." She tells us. "We'll be out of your hair in no time, ma'am." I assured her as Ana pushes some buttons on the phone.