Chapter 132. On The Head Of A Pin

Deans POV

"Ruby will meet us outside Cheyenne. She's been tracking some leads. I know she's not exactly on either of your Christmas lists, but if she can help us get to Lilith-" Sam says as he drives and I sit in the passenger seat, as Ana sits in the back. "Hey man, work with Ruby. I don't really give a rats ass." I say.

"What's your problem?" Sam asks. "Pamela didn't want anything to do with this, and we dragged her back into it, Sam." I grumble. "She knew what was at stake." Sam says. "Oh, saving the world. We're doing such a damn good job of it. I mean, it's up to us yet one of us is still banging a demon. A demon who tries to destroy the world we're trying to save. Huh, irony." Ana says sarcastically and Sam looks at her through the rearview mirror.

"Ana-" Sam says and she shakes her head. "I'm tired of burying people we know." She says. "Me too." I agree. "Look, we catch a fresh trail-" Sam starts to explain but I talk over him. "And we follow it, we know. Like Ana said, I'm just getting tired." I say. "Well, get angry." Sam spat as we pull up to the motel.

"Ah, home crappy home." I say as we enter the room and Sam flips on the light. "Winchester, Winchester and Steele." A voice says and we see Castiel and Uriel eating inside the room.

"Oh, come on." I say in annoyed exasperation. "You and Anastasia are needed." He tells us. "Needed? We just got back from needed." Ana tells him as her eyes glow red and Uriel turns to her. "Now, you mind your tone with me." He says in a low tone. "No, you mind your damn tone with us." I growl as I stand in front of her.

"We just got back from Pamela's funeral." Sam says as the angels looks between us. "Pamela. You know, the psychic? You remember her." Ana says annoyed as I look at Castiel. "Cas, you remember her. You burned her eyes out. Remember that? Good times. Yeah, then she died saving one of your precious seals. So maybe you can stop pushing us around like chess pieces for five freaking minutes!" I yell angrily.

"We raised you out of hell for our purposes." Uriel says. "Yeah, what are those again? What exactly did you want from me?" I ask him. "Start with gratitude." Uriel says firmly and I scoff.

"We know this is difficult to understand." Castile says in a bit of a calmer voice. "And we-" Uriel starts as he gives Castiel a look. "Don't care. Now, several angels have been murdered, all of them from our garrison. The last one was killed tonight." He finishes as he looks back at us.

"Demons? How they doing it?" Ana asks. "We don't know." Uriel says. "I'm sorry, but what do you want us to do about it? I mean, a demon with the juice to ice angels has to be out of our league, right?" Sam asks. "We handle demons, thank you very much." Uriel says.

"One we find whoever it is." Castiel says. "So you need our help hunting down a demon?" Ana asks. "Not quite. We have Alistair." Castiel says. "Great. He should be able to name your trigger man." I tell him. "But he won't talk. Alistair's will is very strong. We've arrived at an impasse." Castiel says. "Yeah, well, he's like a black belt in torture. I mean, you guys are out of your league." I say.

"That's why we've come to his student. You happen to be the most qualified interrogator we've got. And he happens to talk a lot when Anastasia is around." Uriel says to me, as I look at Ana. "Dean, Anastasia, you two are our best hope." Castiel says. "No! No way! You can't ask us to do this, Cas. Not this." I say as Uriel walks up to me and Ana. "Who said anything about asking?" He asks as he grabs our arms and the three of us disappear.

******

He takes us to a warehouse as Castiel leads us up to a double set of doors. Alastair is visible through the window in the door, chained to a hexacle standing in the middle of the a devils trap. "The devils trap is old Enochian. He's bound completely." Castiel explains to me and Ana. "Fascinating." I mutter as I turn away from the door.