chapter six: discussions and dinner

"I don't know Millie, it's just... They don't look like a normal sinner," moxxie said, cutting up some carrots as the water boiled in the small black pot he had. His movements slow and cautious as to not cut his finger like he did last time before tossing in the sliced carrots.

"Oh, Mox, does it matter if y/n looks like a normal sinner or not?" Millie said opening her fridge door, grabbing a fresh slab of butter, to cut some thin slices off of it. "Well, no-" moxxie started, looking back at his wife. "Exactly," Millie said giving him a quick kiss before he could continue.

"I just..." He started before sighing, knowing he wasn't gonna win this battle. "Nevermind, cam you pass me the-"

"Butter? Here ya go," Millie said, handing him it as she shuts the fridge door, moxxie thanks her and starts cutting thin, thin slices of it, paper thin before putting it on the toasted bread to melt into it.

"By the way Hun, blitzø, y/n are coming over for dinner, I figured it'd be nice to get to know y/n and for them to get to know us," Millie says as she cuts up alongside him the boiled potatoes.

"What?!-" moxxie said, nicking his finger, he was perfectly fine with you, his boss on the other hand, blitzø was a big no-no.

~>~

"What?!-" you flinched in surprise at the loud voice looking over at blitzø, "are they..." You trail off before looking back at the door, wearing blitzø's suit, something that barely fits you.

"Oh, they're fine!" Blitzø says, grabbing your hand he walks up to the apartment door, knocking on it.

A pair of hooves clicked against the floor before the door opened, Millie greeted you both, "hi! C'mon on in, me and Mox are just plating the food up." Millie said grabbing your hand in hers, encouraging you to come inside and not be so shy, you were her coworker after all.

Moxxie bandaged his finger up, unhappy about blitzø coming, the imp was basically spying on him and mills all the time, He sighed tail twitching as he turned the stove off, plating the stew trying to ignore blitzø who strided in after you and Millie, his tail flicked and swishing around.

"Here! You can sit between me and Mox!" Millie said pulling out a seat for you, which you took, thanking her softly. None of these apartments were good, but at least they tried making it work.

Moxxie set the bowls down, giving a soft smile to you before his face fell flat upon seeing blitzø, his boss, as much as he respected him, he really really hated him.

Having dinner with them, was awkward at the start before you grew comfortable, it was nice. You enjoyed the stew they made, the warmth filling your gut nicely, like a warm blanket being wrapped around you. Millie was busy talking to you, her tail twitching and flicking as moxxie and blitzø talked, moxxie being mildly annoyed with blitzø.

You wondered what was happening up in heaven, was that jackass archangel still tossing people out, did sera feel bad? What about Adam? As much as you hated him, was he even feeling a smidge of guilt for not helping you? So many questions running through your head.

Word count: 605
This was meant for Saturday but I'm too happy to not upload this, I just got offered a job at my corner store, so this is technically a celebratory chapter, an early one, I just gotta do my resume and send it in.