chapter fifteen: murder family (pt 4)

Loona looks away from her phone to examine the photo she held up as she thinks for a moment, "hey! You don't know they're innocent!" She says pointing to the smiling boy in the photo.

"This kid probably sets dogs on fire-" she says before gesturing to the girl who was smiling in the photo, "maybe this girl gets off to bullying Australian kids online-" she sats before pointing to the father.

"and this guy… This guy definitely watches." She says, Millie nods, "exactly! Humans are full of secret nasties. It's why so many of them end up here." She says, hand on her hip.

Moxxie frowns, "but-" he's cut off by Millie who cups his cheeks gently, "Guilty and innocent aren't our business, Mox-" she says, gently squishing his cheeks together, "killin' who we're paid to is our business. Shoot the target." She says giving him a sweet gentle kiss, releasing his face he aims the crossbow, still unsure.

"I just thinks it's a bit excessive, and we could be more selective, is all." He says, looking at Millie.

"Guys! I want you to meet-" blitzø says, barging into the room, Mrs. Mayberry beside him, you on the left side of him. He startles moxxie who fires the arrow accidentally, which ricochets around the room, a surprised Millie jumps into his arms, the arrow missing her as it hits the spot she had been standing in, hitting the wall, the photo loona held up, hitting the eels tank, which you had just bought, thankfully it didn't break.

The arrow ricochets off of the glass of the tank, flying right towards you, you squeezed your eyes shut waiting for impact only for blitzø to catch it right before it could make impact. He holds the arrow, finishing what he said. "... Our newest client." He said smiling.

The smile falls from his fast as fast as the tank unfortunately falls over, causing water to flood the floor, electric eels to squirm around, setting fire to half the office. "Goodness gracious! Moxxie! I just bought those eels!" You say with exasperation.

It's not long after loona called the fire department, two or three imps dressed in firemen outfits leave the smoking building having put out the fire, a short and tall imp carried both of the eels you bought, "my poor babies." You say pouting, the last one was carrying the hose he used to put out the fire, they get into a red fire truck, driving off.

Mrs. Mayberry gets into a yellow taxi, leaving, blitzø who had been comforting you quickly shouted out to Mrs. Mayberry before she left, "Byyyyye! And, don't worry, we'll get that skank in less than twenty-four hours or your first kill is freee!" He says, waving as the taxi drives out of view.

"Well, wasn't that just a fine first impression on a new client." You say, looking at blitzø, "yeah! I think it went just fine!" He says, not noticing the sarcasm in your voice.

Moxxie had been watching, a frown on his face as the taxi drives off, speaking up he looks at blitzø, "when did we start implementing that sir?" He says, blitzø, still smiling he turns to moxxie, at first speaking calmly. "When you set fire to my office in front of a-" he goes from being falsely calm, to being pissed off. "CLIENT, YOU FUCKIN' DIPSHIT!" He snaps out, releasing moxxie from his hold.

"Now, someone PLEASE tell me that fancy book is still in tact!" He says, loona who had been leaning against the wall of the once burning building pulled a blue book that had gold designs on it out from behind her back, not looking away from her phone. "You mean... Our only ticket to the other side? Yeah, got it." She said briefly looking up from her phone.

Blitzø sighs in relief, taking the book from her. "And that's why you're my favorite loony," he says, pulling a dog treat out from his pocket he speaks in a baby tone, "you get a tweat now!" He says, holding it in front of her snout, which crinkles up in annoyance.

"Ew, stop." She says, glaring at him she turns away from him. Blitzø shrugs turning to you he offers the dog treat or biscuit. "Well, since your my second favorite person, do you want a tweat?" He says in that baby tone of voice, you knew he meant well, so you nod, being kind.

"Uh- sur-!" He happily pops the dog biscuit into your mouth happy, once his back is turn you spit it out quickly, it tasted funky, like, awful, "how does he eat these things?" You think to yourself. You've seen him eat a couple of the biscuits before, were imps taste just... More tolerable? God, it tastes just awful.

Millie draws a circle or pentagram on the wall of the building using a piece of chalk, a red portal opens up to the human world. "Now let's go lick some ass!" He says, holding moxxie's face he holds him back, letting you and Millie go first, Millie looks at him, correcting what he said, "the expression is "kick some ass"... blitz." She says Heading in after you. Blitzø shrugs, "mine's better." He says shoving moxxie back as he hops in with you and Millie.

Moxxie gets up, dusting himself off he sighs with exasperation, "aww, fuck..." He says, knowing This wasn't going to go well he enters the portal as it closes behind him.

Word count: 924