chapter fifty: a date gone wrong at Ozzie's (pt 3)

You gave stolas a weak smile, cheeks still hurting. "Aw, well you look amazing, I love what you did with your... Um... Feathery hair." You say, noticing the grayish strip in the middle of it, slicked back and all shiny, it was actually not hard too see.

Stolas covered his beak with his hand, hooting softly blushing waving you off, "oh, you're too much!" He hooted out looking away shyly.

"I'm docking your pay." Blitzø said with a grumble, nearly gave him a damn heart attack. He thought he was about to have a upset stolas on his hands, "... Figured that out." You muttered, fingers tapping against the table cloth as blitzø sat on a stack of books because he wasn't really table height, neither were you though so you can't really say much, he pulled out a pair of binoculars, sitting on his chair backwards facing moxxie and Millie's table.

"So- ahem- what made you two finally take me on a date?" Stolas asked, "would've preferred it if it had only been you y/n, but I'll take what I can get." Stolas though, leaning his chin on his hands.

"Oh... Uh-" blitzø never mentioned stolas at all, so you weren't anticipating this but you kicked blitzø in the ankle catching his attention. "Ow! I'm gonna fuckin' dock your pay again I swear-" you give him a look, gesturing to stolas, "... Oh! Uh- well, just... Uh-" you sighed turning back to stolas grabbing his hand. "Well, we've been transactional fucking, we- well, I barely know much about you so I figured "why not just go on a date.", that sums it up." You finished.

"Really? You... You'd like to get to know me?" Stolas said, blitzø didn't even remember him, let alone want to get to know him, so he was suddenly nervous, "I... I'm... Well, I... I'm not all that... Well-" he stammered out, before calming himself down, "ahem- I mean, yes, I'd love that." He says clearing his throat.

He lifted up his menu for a moment as a waitress came back,mher voice sultry. "Hello, can I get you three off- I mean. Can I get you three anything?" Stolas makes a face for a moment before snapping out of it, looking down at his menu for a moment.

"Yes! Uh- I'll have... The... The white champagne... Um... Y/n what are you getting?" He asked looking over at you, "I'll just have what you're having." You say with a smile, fixing your dress. "Okay! Two glasses of white champagne coming up..." The waitress said writing the order down.

"Um, blitzy, what are you... Do you want the red wine or..." Stolas trailed off nervously laughing as blitzø paid him no mind busy spying on Millie and moxxie. "Hm? What- ow!" Blitzø glared at you as you kicked his leg again, "I'll have whatever."

You deadpan as stolas looks over at the waitress laughing nervously now, "uh- how about two white champagne bottles, and a red wine bottle?" He says, switching it to bottles, he was gonna need to really drink this anxiousness away.

"Of course. Enjoy your stay." The waitress said heading off to the bar to grab the drinks.

In the back of the club was a dance area with neon pink lights, soft music playing and couples slow dancing, looking over at stolas you watched as his breathing was shallow chest rising in sharp breathes of nervousness, looking at blitzø. You had no idea someone of high status was so unsure of himself, than again, he was dealing with blitzø so who wasn't anxious?

"While we wait for the drinks and food to come, why not we go dance?" You say standing up, knowing blitzø wasn't listening you extended your hand too stolas with a gentle smile, "something to take our minds off of the stresses of life."

Stolas stopped for a moment, frozen, just staring up at you.

"... With... With me? I... Of course!" He said grabbing your hand and quickly whisking you off to the back area, completely forgetting about his anxieties and worries.