chapter seventeen: blackbird, blackbird, fly away home.

Blackbird singin' in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly.

"Mama, what is heaven like?" The little girl asked as her mother braided her hair, "well, I believe it's a beautiful place, where good people go, where your grandmother and grandfather are." The mother responded softly, running her fingers through her daughter's hair.

All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise, blackbird singin' in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see.

"Is pa up there too?" The little girl asked softly, looking outside as the snow fell. The mother stopped, an uncomfortable atmosphere surrounding the once warm welcoming space. "... No."

All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free... Blackbird fly.

"Oh..." She responded looking down, "why?" The mother stopped once more.

Blackbird fly, into the light of the dark, black night... Blackbird fly.

"Time for bed y/n." The mother said curtly, the subject of the girl's father being a vary sore spot for the mother. "But-"

Blackbird fly, into the light of the dark, black night... Blackbird singin' in the dead of night take these broken wings and learn to fly,

"To bed." The mother said firmly watching as her daughter nodded trudging off to bed, the woman turned her gaze to outside, gazing deep into the woods, where lies a spot in the forest, somewhere far, keeping the remains of her husband hidden. "If only it didn't end the way it did." She laments, the snow was probably a mound of thick layered ice, covering the remains of her missing husband.

All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise, You were only waiting for this moment to arise...
You were only waiting for this moment to arise...

Laying in bed, the woman's daughter silently dreamt of her father, why wouldn't he be in heaven, he wasn't a bad person... Was he? The girl tossed and turned, unable to fully sleep that night.

Word count: 372

I know it's short, I've been busy, not really able to make a much longer chapter. There will be chapters that are basically flashbacks, this is one of them.