Chapter 69: Rosewood

Yichen was ready to go on the attack again. He lowered the pillow and turned to look at Mochou.

"... When did he fall asleep?" Yichen was in left in shock at the sight of Mochou laying there motionless. He couldn't believe Mochou could be laughing one second and asleep the next.

Unwilling to force a sleeping Mochou to go another round. Yichen lovingly caressed Mochou's face. His thumb lightly sweeping across Mochou's red lips. Drawn to them he leaned over when suddenly Mochou burst out laughing again.

"Stop! It tickles." Mochou said.

"You little faker." Yichen playfully accused.

"I'm not faking. I'm tired."

"Really?"

"Are you upset?"Mochou asked with big eyes.

"Depends. Are you tired because you don't like making love or because you really are tired?" Yichen asked in a carefree manner. He wasn't actually worried Mochou wasn't interested in him. After all the sound of Mochou moaning was still fresh in his memory.

"I really enjoy making love to you. It feels great. But my body feels heavy after just one round." Mochou honestly admitted.

"Go ahead and get some sleep." Yichen said as he gently tucked him in under the warm quilt.

"I'll run over to Jie Hong's place to talk to him about the house and getting some dry wood for you." He added before sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Wait, I want to come with you." Mochou exclaimed with renewed energy.

"If you are tired, you should rest. It's better not to push yourself." Yichen lectured with a light chuckle.

"I want to see what kind of wood he has." Mochou said still intent on going.

"Don't you just want basswood or whatever it is you've been using so far?"

"Basswood is the easiest to carve but it's not the best for some items. I want to see what else he has."

"Fine. I'll go get the water ready. Lay down and rest until it's then."

Yichen decided not to stop Mochou from going with him. He did after all want to spend more time together.

Mochou comfortably lay down and let Yichen take care of everything. He felt a little guilty but not enough to actually do anything about it.

...

Walking through the village the little bit of energy Mochou regained was quickly dissipating.

"Sweetheart what's wrong?" Yichen asked when he noticed Mochou's pace had slowed.

Mochou looked up at Yichen with big soft eyes. He didn't want to say it himself. However what he wanted was for Yichen to pick him up in his strong embrace and carry him the rest of the way.

Like magic Yichen understood exactly what Mochou wanted. He let go of his hand and moved close to pick him up.

Bang*

Instead of picking him up Yichen shielded him with his body while a rock slammed into his shoulder.

"Yichen?!" Mochou exclaimed. He was shocked by what was happening.

"Those damn kids. I'll kill them!" Yichen growled at the three children that were running away.

Mochou could feel Yichen shaking as he spoke. Unsure if it was from the anger or fear of what could have happened. He wrapped his arms around Yichen and hugged him tight.