Chapter 105: The Inn (pt.1)

After six hours of traveling they finally arrived at their destination. Mochou was surprised when he saw it. He thought it wouldn't be much different from the one they often visited. But in reality it was much larger and the gate was bustling with people and carriages.

"What do you think? Is this place new and exciting enough for you?" Yichen asked.

"It looks promising but I won't know for certain until we check in at the inn and wander the streets." Mochou said with a glimmer in his eyes.

"There is an inn I stayed at with my uncle in the past. It was nice and near the market." Yichen suggested.

"Will they have a room available?"

"If they don't I'm sure we can get a recommendation to another inn. Don't worry. This isn't exactly the best season for traveling."

"It looks busy enough here."

"Trust me. I've been traveling most of my life." Yichen confidently said.

"Do you miss it?"

"What?"

"Traveling across the country. Since we got married we've been doing everything to build a home but we never discussed traveling together."

"It's not exactly possible with the two little Goji Berries."

"It might be a bit difficult but we could travel once the babies are bigger. If that's something you would be interested in." Mochou said.

"That sounds great. We can save up to buy a horse drawn carriage and spend a year or two traveling from place to place."

While they waited for their turn to enter through the town gate Yichen was glad to talk about all his travels. The thought of traveling sounded more and more amazing as they talked.

...

Yichen expertly handled dealing with the guards at the gate and circumventing the crowd to get to their inn.

It was larger than Mochou expected. Looking up he counted a total of four stories. Most buildings he'd seen had one or two floors. He sort of liked the thought of seeing the view from the fourth floor again.

"Can we get a room on the fourth floor?" Mochou asked. Yichen paused for a while before finally answering him.

"I'll ask them about it."

Mochou didn't see the problem with having a room on the fourth floor. Whereas Yichen was a bit more uneasy about it. He didn't say anything but the higher up the more expensive the rooms.

"I brought extra money exactly for this kind of situation." Yichen reasoned as he walked Mochou into the inn.

The first floor was a bustling restaurant full of wondrous smells and strange men. Mochou expected the usual looks of disgust when they saw him. To his benefit, the restaurant had such a variety of guests he barely stood out. He was also wrapped up in several layers, a hat, and a scarf which hid the worst of his scars.

Yichen sat him down at one of the tables in the back. He figured it would be safe and quiet for Mochou while he left to arrange their room and a place to store their carriage.

Sitting at the table Mochou watched Yichen first talk to the waiter. He didn't know what Yichen was saying but he saw him pointing at him as he spoke.

"Is he ordering me food? Maybe he's telling them to keep an eye on me? It's possible he's asking them not to come near me as well. He can be overprotective at times." Mochou thought as he watched him.

Yichen turned to look at him once more. Mochou gave him a little wave. Yichen waved back before heading out of the restaurant area to arrange for a room.