Chapter 119: You're Welcome To Stay

The three of them chatted for a long time. At first it was only Yichen and Yijie talking about what happened since they last met. But it didn't take long before Yijie started talking about Yichen's many exploits with Mochou.

"Did he really draw on Yi Ming's face?"

"Yeah, he was pissed at big brother Yi Ming because he snitched and told dad about the low score he got on his test at school. That night he snuck into his room and drew a full beard and wrote something."

"What did he write?"

"No one could figure it out. The best part was that dad was more upset because his writing was so bad it was impossible to read. As punishment he made big bro write pages and pages of practice characters.

"I swear my wrist still hurts from all the writing dad made me do over the years." Yichen added while rubbing his wrist.

"And yet your writing is still the worst." Mochou said.

"Right! It's unbelievable How bad big bro's writing is." Yijie exclaimed.

Sob*

Her loud voice woke the sleeping babies next to them. When she noticed Yijie covered her mouth. Mochou and Yichen weren't upset. Yijie had actually been very careful. Unfortunately, sometimes her excitement got the best of her and she raised voice.

"Maybe it would be best if I leave the room." She whispered.

"Actually it's almost time for dinner. Let's leave Yichen to care for the babies and you can help me cook dinner while telling me more stories about Yichen." Mochou suggested. Mochou was really enjoying talking to Yijie. She was amicable and easy to talk to.

"Can I really stay for dinner?" Yijie asked.

"Of course. I'll even set up a place for you to spend the night if you want." Yichen said.

"I'm not sure if mom will agree."

"Have you become someone who cares about what mom will agree or disagree with?" Yichen asked. He knew Yijie was never one to follow the rules. In fact, Yijie and his mother used to fight every night.

"I don't care. I'm just worried mom might become more annoying than she already is when she finds out you let me stay the night." Yijie said.

"You're not wrong. Mochou and I have been refusing to let anyone stay the night. When she finds out we're letting you stay she'll definitely use it to try and guilt us into letting other people stay."

"Exactly. It's better if I spend the night at our parent's place."

"It's annoying but your worth it. You are welcome to stay. No, I insist that you stay." Yichen said.

Yijie looked at Mochou. She clearly wanted help convincing her brother it would be a bad idea. But Mochou had already promised Yichen she could stay earlier.

"I think it will be nice if you stay. I go to sleep early because of my health but Yichen can stay up late. The two of you can chat." Mochou said.

"If both of you insist I suppose I could stay."

"Then it's decided. You'll spend the night here." Yichen said.

"Is there anything you want to eat?" Mochou asked Yijie.

"Unlike my brother who is obsessed with sweets I'm happy to eat anything." Yijie said.

"Liar. Listen Mochou, my sister and I are similar except for one thing. I like sweets and she loves spicy food. She used to pick and grind her own chillies and Sichuan peppers to add to everything mom cooked." Yichen revealed.