Chapter 131: First Trip To Town

The next morning Mochou woke up sore and a bit regretful for allowing Yichen to ravish him until he was completely drained.

"Ugh... it's been too long since we last went wild." Mochou groaned as he rolled out of bed.

"You're right. We should do it every night so your body gets used to it and the aftereffects are a lot less." Yichen suggested from the doorway. In his arms were both Goji Berries happy and dressed.

"Hehehe! Only in your dreams." Mochou said. He enjoyed doing things with Yichen but his body really couldn't handle consecutive nights.

"In my dreams and reality would be better." Yichen responded in turn. Mochou could only laugh at his insatiable husband's words.

"Did you take care of their morning routine?" He asked.

"Everything is ready. They've been fed, changed, washed, and dressed. We're just waiting for you." Yichen proudly announced.

"You're amazing. Thank you, Yichen."

"No need to thank me. I'm also their father. I should do help out more." Yichen said. Mochou was still thankful for the help. He wanted to give Yichen a kiss but he was too far out of reach. Instead he settled for giving each of the twins a light peck on their chubby little cheeks.

"It's still appreciated. How long do I have before we need to leave?"

"Not long. Should I have woken you up earlier?"

"It won't take me long. Taking a shower last night helped." Mochou said.

Yichen had thoughtfully helped him shower after their marathon night of passion. At the time, he was too exhausted to do more than slump into Yichen's arms. Yichen didn't mind and meticulously washed him.

Clean but sore Mochou walked over to the wardrobe to change his clothes. While he did that Yichen headed out of the room to finish the last bit of packing.

...

Things went well and they soon left the house. They had several baskets and bags of stuff so unlike usual Mochou was also carrying a basket on his back and the bamboo steamer in his arms. As they walked over Yichen started to think about buying there own cart.

"Getting our own cart and animal would be nice now that traveling requires so much stuff." Yichen said.

"True but we need something that can handle long voyages if we are planning to travel with it."

"Sadly buying a horse is too expensive and requires special permits by the government."

"Really? Why do you need a special permit?" Mochou asked.

"Horses are used by the army and highly valued. To get one you need to pay a large amount of money for the permit and prove that you can care for the horses. If a horse dies in your care you could also be fined if it died due to neglect." Yichen explained.

"If that's the case it's hard to imagine anyone aside from nobles using them."

"Even among the nobles horses are difficult to get. When traveling if you ever see anyone with a horse it's best to stay clear of them. They are either part of the army, work at the capital, or from a powerful noble family. Although some villages have been known to purchase a horse to be used by everyone." Yichen explained.

"Getting a horse is definitely out of the question. But a mule would be too slow if we want to travel. I liked the ox cart we used to go to the other town but our yard doesn't have the room for one. Even if we did it would be too close to the main house. I'm worried about the smell." Mochou said as they discussed possibly buying their own cart.