Chapter 96: Summer Storm (Pt.1)

"Are you feeling better?" Yichen asked.

"A little."

"Do you mind if I go back to the house to explain to my family what happened?" Yichen asked.

"I'll go to. I need to apologize."

"You don't have to apologize about anything. Stay here and rest. I'll only be gone for a few minutes." Yichen said.

Mochou felt terrible about hiding away at home while Yichen took care of the mess he made. Despite his feelings he didn't insist on going with him and instead lay down to rest. Yichen stood up and left the room. Mochou thought he was leaving but a few minutes later he returned again.

"While I'm gone try to eat some of the biscuits you made the other day. They should be gentle enough on your stomach. I also made some ginger tea to help with the nausea. If you do get sick again use this bucket." Yichen explained.

"Thank you." Mochou said touched by Yichen's actions.

"I'm going now but I promise to be back soon." Yichen said before giving him a light kiss. This time he really did leave.

Mochou looked at the biscuits Yichen had brought him. He had made them as a snack because he was craving the crunch but he didn't expect to be eating them now because of his sensitive stomach. The biscuits were simple. They didn't have much sugar and were a little hard but he did mix some nuts in one batch and dried fruit in the other for some variety of flavours.

Crunch*

Taking a bite he had to admit they tasted pretty good. After eating one of them though the nausea returned and he vomited everything back out again into the bucket by the bed.

"Gross..." Mochou thought. He grabbed the ginger tea next and drank a little hoping it would help but a few seconds later it also came back up again.

"I thought the nausea was caused from the stress but could I be entering the morning sickness portion of this pregnancy? Little Goji Berry, let's skip this part." Mochou begged as he rolled over and lay down in a fetal position.

He lay there for a few seconds but felt his body getting hotter. The weather was hot and humid today. Wanting to escape the linen he got off the bed and lay down on the cool wooden floor.

"This feels better." He thought as he lay there unmoving.

...

Things went well at Yichen's parents place. He didn't say anything about Mochou being afraid about the pregnancy but instead told them it was because he was about to vomit and that's why they ran off. It was the perfect excuse because morning sickness was a serious pregnancy symptom and his mother wouldn't ask that Mochou come over again until he felt better. Glad everything was going well he hurried home to be with Mochou.

"I hope the nausea was caused from the nerves and not the pregnancy. I don't want Mochou to suffer from morning sickness." Yichen mused as he walked into the bedroom.

!!!

"Mochou what happened?" Yichen exclaimed as he fell to Mochou's side in a panic. His mind running through all the possible reasons why Mochou would be laying on the floor.

"Are you feeling dizzy? Did you faint? What about pain? Did your stomach start to hurt. Did you fall down after standing up or did you roll out of bed? Mochou tell me what happened?"

Yichen spoke so fast Mochou could barely understand what he was trying to say. All he really understood was that Yichen assumed the worst because he was laying on the floor. He slowly blinked his eyes open and with an innocent look explained what had happened.