Chaotrr 92: Pomegranate (Pt.1)

Knock... knock

"Yichen, someone's here." Mochou grumbled.

"I hear them."

"Are you going to go see who it is?"

"In a minute." Yichen said as he hugged Mochou tight.

"Yichen, I love cuddling with you but the knocking is annoying." Mochou complained as he grabbed the quilt and covered his head.

"I'll go now."

Mochou thought about following along but the bed was too comfortable to leave. Instead he curled back under the quilt to sleep.

...

Yichen opened the gate to find his mother. Behind her stood his younger brother and Meng Yao.

"Why are you here so early?" Yichen asked.

"Early? Yichen the day has already begun. You're brothers left for work a long time ago. The same for your father." She said.

"Maybe it's not early for you but Mochou is still trying to sleep." Yichen explained.

He and Mochou had a late night. Not because they were reconnecting after days apart. They did that in the afternoon. It was because Mochou woke up from a nightmare.

He often had nightmares about his past life. When Yichen asked him about it he was a little evasive at first but eventually admitted the nightmare seemed more real than usual. Almost like his life with Yichen was the dream.

Seeing how shaken up Mochou was he spent the night comforting and indulging in his every whim. Everything from his request to go to the river to soak his feet in the water to having a piggyback up a small hill. His favourite requests were naturally those for a kiss or hug.

Because of the late night Yichen and Mochou hadn't gotten much sleep. When they finally did return he helped Mochou relax some more with his acupuncture until finally he fell asleep.

Yichen was silent a long time while he reminisced about the long night they had. A little impatient his mother pushed through the gate.

"He can continue to sleep if he needs to. Your brother and I can be quiet while we work. Meng Yao was going to help teach him some more about sewing and embroidery but she can rest in the living area and keep busy on her own." She said in a quiet voice.

"What work?" Yichen asked alarmed by her words.

"I told you yesterday. You and Mochou need to accumulate good luck. We're here to help prepare the house. Your older brothers and father will also come by in the afternoon with a few things they purchased in town and from a few villagers." She explained.

"Mom, I know I agreed to let you do a few things, but remember this is still our home and if Mochou doesn't like it good luck or not we won't use it." Yichen said.

Entering the house Meng Yao was a little surprised. It was the first time she had come to visit. Yi Xuan and their mother however came to visit a few times during since the house was finished.

"You're home is very beautiful." She complimented.

"Thank you. We really like our home and hope to keep it that way." Yichen stressed for his mother to hear.

"Do not worry. The changes will be minimal and appreciated." Mochou's mother said.

"Do what you want. I'm going to go check on Mochou and tell him you are here." Yichen said.

"Come back quick. Your brother and I will need your help." She said.

Yichen returned to the bedroom to find Mochou buried under the quilt.