Chapter 94: Little Moments

Yichen walked back in the house with a smile. He was excited to finally be alone with Mochou. He had been too preoccupied with dealing with his mother to pay much attention to him.

"I'm back. How are you feeling?" He asked as he walked in.

"..."

Not receiving a response, Yichen hurried over to the sofa to check on him.

"He's asleep. I thought he was only pretending to yawn earlier. Was he actually tired? I can't blame him. Dealing with my family can be exhausting. Our Little Goji Berry also requires a lot of energy to grow."

Yichen sat down on the floor and leaned against the sofa. His hand slowly adjusting the quilt to cover Mochou's body. It was summer and the weather was hot but Yichen was always worried Mochou might catch a chill.

The room was silent and only the sound of Mochou's light snoring could be heard. Listening to it Yichen leaned back and soon fell asleep as well.

Until less than an hour later when he heard a knock at the gate and was rudely reawakened.

"Can't they leave us alone already." Yichen cursed as he got up to go answer the door.

"Tomorrow let's spend the day with just the two of us." Mochou muttered. He had also been woken up by the knock at the gate.

"I agree. Tomorrow will be just the two of us all day." Yichen said.

He answered the door and standing there was his younger brother carrying a basket of food.

"Don't give me that look. You knew mom was going to send food over." Yi Xuan said when he saw his brother's annoyed expression.

"Tell mom not to come by here for awhile. Mochou needs his rest. Today was very stressful for him." Yichen said.

"Is he not feeling well?" Yi Xuan asked.

"He's exhausted. Having people running around our house all day is the opposite of what he needs. So tell mom not to come by tomorrow or send any food." Yichen reiterated.

"I'll tell her but that might worry her more and make her want to come." Yi Xuan warned.

"Then convince her it will be a bad idea. And tell her I'll bring the dishes back myself." Yichen said.

"Got it. Have a good night and tell your wife I hope he feels better." Yi Xuan said before turning to leave.

Yichen locked the gate behind him and returned inside. He looked towards the sofa expecting to see Mochou but he was gone.

"Did he go to the bathroom?" Yichen wondered.

He moved to the kitchen to put the food away and to his surprise found Mochou trying to start a fire in the stove.

"You don't need to start a fire. The food is still hot." Yichen said.

"It's not for the food. I want to take a shower." Mochou said.

"A shower... or a bath?" Yichen smirked.

"A shower. I feel exhausted despite sitting on the sofa all day. I want to take a shower to wake myself up." Mochou said.

"If you're tired it's okay to sleep." Yichen said.

"I know but I still don't want to sleep. It's too early in the pregnancy for me to be spending all my time sleeping."

"It's never too early. In fact the first few months are considered the most difficult on the body. You'll regain your energy in the second trimester." Yichen explained.