Chapter 144: Going Home

Mochou dreamt he was on a boat that rocked back and forth. The waves were gentle but occasionally the boat would heave and he would come close to falling over the edge. He could hear the wind blow but it sounded strange at times.

"What a weird dream?" Mochou thought as he lay at the bottom of the boat and closed his eyes. When he opened them again he woke up in Yichen's arms.

"Yichen? What... why are you carrying me? You're hurt!" Mochou exclaimed the moment he realized what was happening.

"I couldn't wait for you to wake up. I really want to hurry home and see our Goji Berries. I miss them." Yichen said as he continued to move forward his breath rough and his body swaying as he walked.

"I understand but you should have woken me up. You're too injured to carry me." Mochou said as he gently tried to escape from his arms. Normally Yichen would ignore his attempts to get down but with his injuries it was difficult for him to hold on. With no other choice he put Mochou down.

After placing him on the ground Yichen sat down next to Mochou to rest. Mochou could tell by his pale complexion that he was barely holding on. He reached into the pack that was hanging off of Yichen's belt and pulled out the canteen for Yichen to have a drink.

"I understand wanting to get home as quick as possible but you need to pace yourself. If you collapse before we get home I wont be able to carry you the rest of the way. Drink this and rest a little while I check where we are." Mochou said.

Yichen would have liked to refuse and continue moving forward but he had been feeling dizzy for a while and wasn't sure if he could stand up again so soon after sitting down.

Mochou felt Yichen's forehead and it was hot. He grabbed Yichen's head between his hands and gently kissed his forehead. He then tried his best to stand up with the help of the tree next to them. It wasn't easy because his leg was badly injured but with a deep breath he stood up with the compass in his hand. Worried Yichen tried his best to support Mochou's waist.

"Don't stand up. You're leg was fractured in the fall." Yichen told him while wanting Mochou to sit back down.

"I don't think its fractured." Mochou said.

"I couldn't tell how bad it was last night but I was able to get a good look at it this morning and its really bad. You can't walk on it right now." Yichen said.

"You can't carry me either. Give me the knife and I'll find a branch to cut and use as a crutch."

"Sit back down and I'll do it." Yichen said as he tried to stand up again. Mochou could see how hard it was for him to stand up. He wanted to tell him to sit back down but he knew how unrealistic it was. They needed to push through the pain and keep going if they ever hoped to get home before sunset.

Rustle*

As they looked for a suitable branch to use as a crutch they heard a sound. Yichen immediately moved to block Mochou. Having his sight blocked by Yichen's large powerful back both warmed his heart and made him want to cry. Yichen's back was torn up and covered in dry blood.

He gently pressed is forehead against Yichen's back, more worried about his husband than anything else. Yichen felt him press up against him. Mistaking his action for fear Yichen straighten his back and puffed-up his chest ready to face whatever might come at them.

"Yichen!" Yi Xuan shouted as he ran out from behind some bushes.

"Yi Xuan? What are you doing here?" Yichen asked surprised and relieved to see a familiar face.

"What do you mean, 'What are you doing here?' I've been wandering the forest with everyone looking for the two of you for days." Yi Xuan said in a sarcastic tone.