Chapter 126; An Angry Bae (Pt.2)

Yichen did as he was told and quickly left the room. He intended to go check on the Goji Berries but when he thought of how much pain Mochou was in and how high his fever had become he turned away from the door and went into the kitchen.

"Mochou needs to take his medicine before his fever worsens." He thought as he lovingly began preparing another cup of tea.

It didn't take him long to make it. When he was done he hurried over to the bedroom to give it to Mochou. He open the bedroom door in a less than quiet way. Mochou would have to wake up anyway to take the medicine.

Bam!

The moment the door opened a pillow was flung at him. Yichen couldn't completely dodge it. He got hit in the shoulder by the pillow. Unhurt and a little surprised Yichen approached the bed.

"What are you still doing here? I told you to go check on my babies." Mochou exclaimed clearly upset.

"I'll head over soon. First, I need you to  take your medication."

Mochou grabbed another pillow and threw it at Yichen again. He then pulled off the quilt and tried to get out of bed.

"If you won't go I'll go check on them myself!" Mochou exclaimed. Standing up Mochou nearly fainted. Yichen was quick to try and catch him. Upon instinct Mochou reacted to his touch. His knee sprang up. In the past he would have hit Yichen right in the gut but with his current height his aim was much lower.

"Ugh!"

Yichen dropped to the floor. He was careful to keep one hand up to hold Mochou steady while the other cradled his jewels. Right away Mochou thought of apologizing. But then he remembered how Yichen didn't listen to him again.

"Go check on my babies or expect a lot worse." He demanded without remorse.

"Okay, I'll go but lay down and take your medicine." Yichen said with a groan. He tried his best to stand up but the pain was real. Hunched over he picked up the cup of medicinal tea he made Mochou and insisted he drink it. Mochou was touched by his determination. But it didn't change the fact Yichen continued to ignore his requests about the babies.

He took the tea and drank it. All the while glaring at Yichen. When he was done Yichen looked at the empty cup and smiled.

"Don't smile. I'm really angry with you right now." Mochou growled.

"I'll go check on the babies, now." Yichen said.

"You better go straight there. No more detours. I want to know if my babies are okay." Mochou said in a hoarse dry voice. Yichen nodded his head and awkwardly walked away.

Mochou who was left in the room alone started coughing and fell into bed. Yichen could hear him. The sound of his painful coughs stopped him in his tracks. He wanted to go back but the pain in his groan reminded him of the consequences if he didn't go check on the twins.

...

By the time Yichen reached his parents house he had mostly recovered. He raised his fist ready to knock on the gate when he heard the loud wailing he knew to be Muyang's voice.

"Why is Little Goji crying. He should be napping!" Yichen thought as he pushed open the gate and headed inside. Upon entering the living room he saw his mother rocking the crying Muyang in her arms.

"Yichen, why are you here? You should be at home with your spouse.

"That's not important. Why is Muyang not taking his nap?" Yichen asked. He wanted to hold his Little Goji Berry but he couldn't without putting the little one at risk.