Chapter 111: Perfect

Feeling Mochou go limp in his arms Yichen panicked. The joy of seeing his little Goji Berries quickly turned to dread and worry.

"Midwife Lu." Yichen said his voice quivering.

Midwife Lu quickly passed the baby over to Yichen's mother and moved to care for Mochou.

"Do not worry. He is only exhausted. After some rest he will be fine." Midwife Lu calmly explained.

He worked quickly to deal with the afterbirth. Yichen could stomach most fights but even he couldn't look while the Midwife washed and bandage Mochou's belly. He decided to turn his attention away from what the midwife was doing.

"The babies, how are they?" Yichen asked.

He wanted to see his little Goji Berries and hold them in his arms but right now his arms were occupied by Mochou and his mother had placed the bassinet too far away.

"Your son is perfect. He looks just like you when you were a baby." His mother said.

"I have a son!" Yichen happily exclaimed.

"Yes, how lucky you and your brother are for both your first born children to be boys."

"And the second? Is it a girl or maybe a GER like Mochou?" Yichen asked with batted breath.

"That one? It's a GER." She brusquely replied.

Yichen hated how she spoke about his second perfect little Goji berry. He had a lot he wanted to say about it but he kept his feelings to himself. Now wasn't a time to fight but celebrate the birth of his sweet Goji Berries.

"Bring them over. I want to see my babies." Yichen demanded.

"You're covered in sweet and blood. You need to wash up." She said.

"The babies were covered in a mix of bodily fluids barely a second ago. I don't think they'll mind." Yichen said annoyed at his mother's attitude.

"Here take these clothes and go change. I'll prepare the babies and you can introduce them to your father and brothers." She said effectively dismissing his previous response.

"I'm not leaving Mochou's side. I'm staying here with him and my babies." Yichen said.

"You intend to remain in those dirty clothes?" She remarked with a grimace.

"Midwife Lu, is it possible to have a private moment with Mochou and my babies? I'd like to change his clothes and my own." Yichen said.

"Yichen, it is the job of..."

"I asked the midwife. Not you." Yichen snapped. His mother was flabbergasted but Yichen didn't care. He only cared what the midwife had to say.

"I've used the appropriate herbs and bandaged his stomach. I still need to wipe away the sweat and change him into fresh linen is needed." The midwife said.

"I can wash and clean him."

"When you do, be sure to use the hot water from this pot to wipe away any sweat. There are herbs added to help the body heal." Midwife Lu carefully explained.

"Understood." Yichen said.

"Yichen you should be in the other room celebrating the birth of your son not in here."

"I am celebrating and I will celebrate the birth of my son and GER together with my spouse after he wakes up. Celebrating with everyone else can wait until later. Right now I want to spend time alone with the three most important people in my life." Yichen said.

"Yichen..." his mother said with mixed feelings.

"Mom, I appreciate your help but I'm tired of bickering with you about this. Mochou and I have a different way of living. You don't have to accept it but you need to stop trying to change it." Yichen said.