Chapter 138: Back to the Apocalypse

Beep... beep... beep

Mochou was awakened by the long forgotten sound of an alarm clock. He opened his eyes and saw the familiar minimalistic room he had lived in for two years. As he lay there tears flowed down his cheeks. He had nightmares before of his time in the apocalypse. But nothing felt as real as this. Worse was the memory of falling into a precipices just before waking up in Hu's original life and body.

"Please, god, Buddha, I don't care who, just please don't let my life with Yichen and the Goji Berries be a dream!" He begged. Laying in his bed crying in his large muscular body was all he could do.

Knock... knock*

Mochou didn't know how much time passed before he heard a knock at the door. To depressed to move he decided to ignore it and curl up under the quilt.

Click*

Tired of knocking the person on the other side decided to open the door. Mochou knew only two people who had a key to his place. They were his boyfriend who killed him Zi Ruo and his best friend Quian Duo. Not knowing who it could be Mochou remained hidden under his blanket sniffling.

"Hey! I know Fei Long just rejected you but that's no reason to stay in bed crying all day!" Quian Duo shouted as he kicked Mochou in the ass.

Mochou was happy to hear Quian Duo's voice. The thought of meeting Zi Ruo again terrified him because he didn't know how he would react when he saw him. Would he attack the man that betrayed and killed him? Or would his heart break seeing the man who took advantage of his desire to be loved.

Quian Duo wasn't patient enough to wait for Mochou to get up. He grabbed the quilt and pulled it away.

"Stop wallowing and get up. We have a mission to scavenge some diamonds and other jewelry like platinum and gold from the jewellery district." Quian Duo said.

"What's the point of scavenging jewelry? They're worthless in this hell." Mochou asked as he wiped away the tears from his eyes.

"Don't be so closed minded. Diamonds are perfect to make drills and cutters, gold and platinum are needed to build computers, as catalysts, and a bunch of other uses I can't remember. The researchers and engineers are desperate to get there hands on the stuff. We're getting paid a sh*tload to get it so buck up and get up!" Quian Duo explained.

"I can't. Let me stay here and rot away." Mochou said as he placed a pillow over his head.

Quian Duo looked at him with pity. He knew Mochou was hurt when Fei Long rejected him but he didn't think it would be this bad. He sat down on the bed next to the depressed hulking man.

"I know you like Fei Long and saying there are plenty of fish in the sea no longer applies considering we now live in the apocalypse but you can't let your life be defined by a man. You have friend's and a great team who have fought life and death battles with you. Best of all you have me. Or am I, your best friend, not good enough?" He asked as he leaned against him.

"It's not like that. I don't care about Fei Long." Mochou revealed.

"Then why are you suddenly depressed and willing to give up?" Quian Duo asked.

"I... I had a dream."

"A dream? What kind of dream would make you cry and want to hide in bed?"

"The greatest dream ever. It was amazing. I was reborn in a new world with a new body and life. Life wasn't easy at first but I found the man of my dreams. He's strong and handsome. The kind with thick muscles and abs you could stare at all day! Best of all is his smile. It's the kind that looks a little mischievous. You know the kind that's a bit childish but warms the heart and makes it impossible not to smile back."