Chapter 116: An End To a Long Day

Yichen lovingly tucked Mochou in their summer bed. It was cold but not uncomfortable. The best part was that it didn't have any unwanted guests.

"I'm sorry today has been full of irritating conversations. I thought... no hoped we could have a pleasant day with my family." Yichen said with long sigh.

"It's annoying but they are your family." Mochou said as he lay there.

"Thank you." Yichen said.

"You seem very concerned about family today." Mochou quietly commented.

"I admit that since our darling Goji Berries were born I have been thinking more about my family."

"Do you want us to spend more time with them?"

"Not really. But I am trying to be more patient with them." Yichen admitted.

"I see."

"I don't expect you to do the same. If they say something to upset you tell me. You and our Goji Berries will always be my priority. I will happily and willingly give up my friends, family, even my life for the three if you." His eyes were unwavering as he spoke.

Mochou was touched by his words. He stuck his hand out from under the quilt and tugged at Yichen's robe. Yichen quickly leaned down and was greeted by a soft kiss from Mochou.

"I am willing to do the same for you." Mochou whispered before giving him another kiss. Yichen wasn't satisfied from the light kiss. He leaned in closer to deepen it. Mochou gasped for breath. It had been a long time since Yichen had passionately kissed him.

"Yichen... lay down with me?" Mochou asked. Since the babies were born Mochou's usual place in Yichen's embrace was stolen. He was still held at night but he wasn't able to rest his head on Yichen's broad muscular chest like in the part. That wonderful spot now belonged to their Goji Berries.

Yichen moved swiftly. Within seconds he was under the covers with Mochou. Feeling his arms around him, Mochou hummed. He raised his leg and hooked Yichen's thick thigh. His arm lay across his chest and his head reclaimed its favourite pillow, Yichen's chest. Yichen's clear strong heartbeat could not only be heard but felt. With each thump of his heart Mochou's body relaxed and all the stress faded away.

Yichen let Mochou do whatever he wanted. Once Mochou was comfortable. He gently raised the quilt to cover all the way up to Mochou's pale cheeks.

"Sleep well." He whispered As Mochou drifted off to sleep.

...

When Mochou finally woke up again he was alone. The room was completely silent and cold. Not because it was winter but because he couldn't feel his husband or babies with him.

"I want to see them." Mochou muttered from under the quilt.

Schwick*

At that same moment Mochou heard the door open. Curious he looked over and saw Yichen quietly entering the room. The sight of him brought a smile to Mochou's face.

Yichen didn't notice he was awake. He walked over as quietly as possible before slowly moving the canopy curtains aside with his hands to peek in on Mochou. Pleasantly surprised to find out Mochou had woken up Yichen smiled back.

"Did you sleep well?"

"I did. Did anything happen while I was asleep?" Mochou asked. Yichen sat on the edge of the bed and gently swept away some hair from Mochou's face.

"Our Little Goji Berries missed you. Not long after you fell asleep they started to cry. It wasn't until I picked both of them up and gently rocked them together in my arms that they finally calmed down."