Chapter 125: An Angry Bae (Pt.1)

Mochou woke up alone in the bedroom. It wasn't unexpected but he still felt lonely. He turned and felt the cloth Yichen had placed on his forehead fall. The cloth had long sense lost its effect and was now warm to the touch. Mochou looked out the window. The sun had risen long ago.

"Strange. Yichen is always careful to make sure I have a cool cloth on my forehead when I'm sick." Mochou thought as he slowly sat up from the bed. He felt dizzy and weak from his fever. Leaning back against the headboard he waited for his head to stop spinning.

"Yich... Cough! Cough... cough. Yichen!" Mochou called out. He tried to yell in a loud voice but his throat hurt. Despite barely shouting louder than a whisper Mochou wasn't worried. Yichen had always come running when he called out for him.

"..."

"Cough... Yichen!" Mochou called out a little louder when Yichen didn't respond.

"..."

Yichen still didn't come even after he called out several times. With his throat aching and dry Mochou decided to leave the room. He needed to use the bathroom and he was a little worried by how silent the house seemed.

His body swayed as he walked out. Unable to keep steady he leaned against the wall. He looked around and saw no sign of the babies or Yichen.

"Where are the toys and play mat?" Mochou wondered when he looked around the living room. It was eerily empty. Thinking maybe Yichen had moved it to the twin's room so they wouldn't disturb his rest. Mochou slowly made his way towards it.

He knew he couldn't go inside but he missed his little ones and hoped to be able to catch even just a small glimpse of them before heading back to bed. He carried a handkerchief so he could cover his mouth when he peeked in on them to be careful.

"It's so quiet. Are they napping?" Mochou wondered. Not wanting to wake them Mochou opened the door as slowly and quietly as possible.

"??"

Not seeing them inside Mochou was confused and a feeling of panic hit him. He slammed the door open and rushed inside.

"It's gone! The mobile, the toys, even their sweet little tortoise and hare blankies are missing!" Mochou couldn't understand why his babies and all their friends were favourite things were gone.

"Yichen!" He shouted as loud as he could. The force of his own voice caused him to collapse into a painful coughing fit. When he finally stopped he had tears flowing down his flushed cheeks.

"Where's my family?" Mochou whimpered. The reality that Yichen and his babies weren't home became more and more real. He slowly forced his way off the floor. He left the room in search of them. He first thought of the clinic.

It wasn't easy but he managed to reach the clinic. The place was closed up and there was no sign of Yichen or their Goji Berries.

"Was there maybe an emergency and Doctor Yen came over to get his help? If he did Yichen might have brought the twins with him." Mochou tried to think of a reasonable explanation as he slowly went back to the main house.

Exhausted and feverish Mochou collapsed on the sofa. His last thoughts before falling asleep were simple. He wanted to see his family.

...

Yichen returned to the house carrying a pot of soup Ah Lin made for Mochou. She gave it to him when he went over to tell Doctor Yen that he would need to take time off to care for Mochou. Because of his side trip Yichen didn't get back to the house until much later. When he did he found Mochou curled up on the sofa shivering.

He placed the pot of soup down and picked Mochou off the sofa. He didn't know why Mochou was there. He hurriedly brought him back to the bedroom. As he carried him he grew more worried. Mochou had sweat through his clothing and his fever had obviously worsened.