Chapter 104: A Boost of Energy

"Let's go out." Mochou energetically exclaimed as he shuffled out of the room.

"Go where?" Yichen asked. He expected Mochou to want to lay outside and was currently preparing the warmers and quilts.

"I don't know. Let's go somewhere new."

"What do you want to do in this new place?" Yichen asked.

"I don't know."

"What do you know?"

"I don't..."

Yichen burst out laughing when he realized Mochou was about to say he didn't know again. Embarrassed and genuinely confused by his own feelings Mochou turned crimson.  All he knew was that he had this urge to get up and go. The details themselves were a bit of an afterthought. In his embarrassment he pouted and turned to leave the room in a huff.

"Mochou, don't run away. Tell me what you want. I'm willing to listen and help in whatever way I can." Yichen said as he followed after him.

"You already know the answer. Stop asking and making me feel like a fool."

"If I don't ask I won't know what you want." Yichen teased.

"I just want to go out."

"Where?"

"Somewhere new."

"Any other requirements?" He asked finding Mochou's fleeing waddle amusing and fun to watch. A light chuckle escaping as he did. Mochou suddenly turned around and looked at him with a glare when he heard him laugh.

"I'm a hormonal pregnant mess. Don't tease me!" Mochou snapped unamused and frustrated with the whole situation.

"I'm not teasing you. It was a sincere question." Yichen said but the smile on his face only annoyed Mochou more. Frustrated he stepped on Yichen's unprotected toes.

Finding Mochou's small retaliation more adorable and ticklish than painful he burst out laughing again. He grabbed him into a tight hug and bent down to kiss his nose that was crinkled unhappily.

"Tell me, this sudden voyage you want to go on, will it be long or short? Will a trip to town to do some shopping scratch your itch or do you need a grand adventure?" Yichen asked. Mochou wasn't sure if he was being serious or teasing him again when he suggested going to town.

"I'd like to go somewhere new. We've been to town several times already. I was hoping we could do something we haven't done before." He vaguely answered. His foot slowly rising in preparation if Yichen showed any sign of laughing again.

"I'd love to travel with you but..." Yichen placed his hand on Mochou's protruding stomach. "Riding in a cart or walking long distances isn't a great idea." Yichen said.

"So we can't go?"

"We can go to the town located east from here. It's a little further so we won't be able to return in one day. Will you be fine spending the night at an inn?"

Mochou would have considered a night at an inn as rather boring in the past but right now it felt exciting. Satisfied he finally lowered his foot and relaxed.

"That sounds nice. Can we afford it?" Mochou asked.

"We've been saving a lot of money. Even with our sweet little extra surprise. I'm confident we can afford to splurge on a night even after all the things we've had to buy recently." He said.

"Did you buy more toys when I wasn't paying attention? Where did you hide them?" Mochou asked his eyes darting around the room in search of anything he didn't recognize.