Chapter 136: Moving Day

It took some time but Yijie and Shirong's house was soon completed. It was roughly the same size as Mochou and Yichen's home. The difference was the layout. Due to Shirong's poor health and sensitivity the kitchen was placed between the kang room and the study. This way Shirong could easily heat his study all year round.

The kitchen also opened up to the courtyard. They decided to have the kitchen attached to the courtyard unlike Mochou and Yichen's house that had the summer bedroom opening up into the courtyard. They chose to do it this way because Yijie's cooking skills weren't the best. If she burned anything they could easily open it up to cool or air out.

Mochou thought it was a great idea. They had learned how horribly hot the kitchen could get in the summer while cooking. If they ever built another house he would also find a way to connect the kitchen as well as the bedroom directly to some type of courtyard to create a cross breeze through it.

They didn't build a separate hut for work, but they did build a large woodshed and a hut that was attached to the chicken coop. It was large enough to house the chickens in the winter as well as any tools.

The yard was also very large. This ensured they could add anything they might need in the future. They had a large garden much like Yichen and Mochou. It was currently bare but Yijie was excited to start growing her own vegetables.

The new house was full as Yichen's family helped move all of their things into the house. The women cleaned while the men carried everything inside and helped to unpack. Ke Xin was put in charge of watching the children. To make sure they didn't cause trouble all four children were brought to Yichen and Mochou 's place.

"Why do you have a pen in the middle of the living room?" Yijie asked. She came over to thank them for the help and briefly play with the children.

"That's to keep Muchen contained. He's learned to crawl and refuses to remain in one place." Mochou explained. It had only been two days since Muchen started crawling so it was the first time Yijie heard about it.

With perfect timing Yichen walked out holding a restless Muchen. His arms and legs were swaying and kicking. With his wiggling about Yichen struggled to hold him in his arms. It had gotten so bad Mochou was afraid to pick him up because he lacked the strength to hold him tight.

"He looks so energetic." Yijie said. She walked over to take Big Goji Berry from Yichen.

Bam!

The moment she got close Big Goji Berry's little leg swiftly kicked her hand away.

"Ouch!" She said more amused than hurt. Muchen's response was to giggle and move even more wildly. Yichen frowned unsure how or if he should reprimand his son for hitting his Lil Sis.

"Sorry, he doesn't know his own strength." Mochou said. He walked over to his naughty son and grabbed his kicking feet. He then stared into his eyes.

"Be good!" He said in a low stern voice. Shocked Muchen froze. The moment he did Mochou smiled and gave him a little kiss.

"Good boy."

After Muchen stopped wildly thrashing. Mochou picked him up and placed him inside the pen. The moment his chubby body touched the floor he took off crawling. The sight of him moving around the pen caused Yijie to burst out laughing.

"He's like a little piggy!" She said.

"Ke Xin. If it's easier you can place Mu Kui in the pen as well. This way they won't wander away from you if you find yourself busy taking care of your daughter." Mochou said.

Ke Xin had also come in together with Yijie but she was much quieter. In her arms was her daughter and standing behind her was Mu Kui, Yi Ming's son. The little boy seemed shy as he clung to her robe and hid behind her. Yichen bent down and held his arms out towards his nephew.