Chapter 143: Injured and Lost

"How could they abandon their children to risk their lives in that death trap of a forest!" Their mother Xin Mi exclaimed as she paced the room.

"Mom, calm down. It's not like they left knowing something like this would happen." Yijie said.

"This is because you let Yichen quit his apprenticeship with Doctor Yen!" Xin Mi blamed her husband who was innocently sitting on the sofa.

"Our son is a man with his own spouse and family. We cannot dictate his every action." Their father said.

"This isn't the time to throw blame around. We need to discuss a plan to find them." Yi Ming said.

Since the night Mochou and Yichen went missing they had been searching the forest for them. At first it was only the family but when they realized how far Mochou and Yichen must have gone they asked the village hunters for help.

"I was thinking we could hire some day labourers from town or ask the hunters from the village next door to help us tomorrow." Yi Xuan suggested.

"It's worth trying." Yi Ming agreed.

"I spoke with the hunters that helped us today and they said they hadn't found any traces of predatory animals in the area. They don't think it was an animal attack. They think Yichen and Mochou fell off a cliff or got lost." Their father said. He pulled out a map and placed it on the coffee table.

"From the traces they found they suggested searching this area. Their are a lot of cliffs and ravines here. If they got too close and didn't know about it it's possible they fell and are too injured to come back." He continued while pointing at several places on the map.

"We'll have the guys we hire head to those places first." Yi Nao said. Everyone nodded thinking the same thing. While they planned the search party Yijie and the others went into the baby's room to help Meng Yao.

Wahh!!

"The twins still won't sleep?" Yijie asked Meng Yao as she stepped forward to pick up the crying Muyang from the crib.

"I followed Mochou's bedtime routine exactly as Mochou wrote it but they won't stop." Meng Yao said as she picked up Muchen who was also crying in her arms.

"It's not your fault. Since they woke up this morning they've been upset. I think they know something is wrong." Yijie said.

Seeing her crying grandchildren Xin Mi stomped across the room with her arms folded mumbling about how irresponsible Yichen and Mochou were for leaving

Yijie ignored her mother and tried her best to soothe the crying Muyang while Meng Yao helped with Muchen.

"If they don't come back will they never go back to being the giggling happy little twins?" Yijie asked to no one in particular. She loved the twins and hated seeing the two of them cry.