Chapter 97: Summer Storm (Pt.2) / (NSFW)

Bang!

Mochou was startled by the loud banging from outside. It was only three in the afternoon but the sky was dark and the wind was fierce.

"Yichen, is the house falling down around us?" Mochou asked. He witnessed the house being built from the ground up. He knew it was made sturdy and with quality wood but the loud banging worried him.

"Are you scared?"

"No, but it sounds horrible outside. Will our vegetables be safe? What about the..."

Bang!!! Crash!!!!

Before Mochou could finish what he was saying there was a loud sound from outside.

"That can't be normal." Mochou said.

"I'll go check." Yichen said. The sound was also worrying to him.

"I want to come." Mochou said. His desire to see what had happened stronger than his fear of getting injured.

"You can follow but you need to stay inside where it is safe." Yichen instructed. Mochou slipped out of the bed and hurried out of the room. Yichen followed behind him towards the kitchen.

The shutters were closed and the house was dark but they walked with confidence. Once in the kitchen Mochou went to open the door to look outside.

"Stand behind me." Yichen warned as he stopped him from opening the door.

Mochou moved to stand behind him. His head curiously peeking past his thick protective arm. Yichen slid the door open just a crack so they could see the yard. It looked terrible with branches flying around and the rain wiping against the wall. Yichen did his best to protect Mochou from the rain. His own clothes quickly becoming soaked.

"Will the garden be okay?" Mochou innocently asked From behind him.

"It might need a little care after the storm passes."

They kept looking around the yard trying to see what had happened.

"I feel like something is different but I can't quite put my finger on it." Mochou whispered while trying to get a better view.

"It's gone."

"What's gone?"

"Our home." Yichen said his head down.

"Our home? It looks fine." Mochou said.

"Not this one. The little hut. We can usually see the roof from here but it's not there anymore. I think it collapsed." Yichen said.

"What?" Mochou looked at the yard in search of the roof of their dilapidated hut. He couldn't see anything but then again he was always too short to see most of it.

"It's not surprising. That hut was bound to collapse sooner than later." Yichen said in a solemn voice.

"Maybe we can rebuild it?" Mochou asked as he slipped his arms around Yichen's waist.

"Maybe later." Yichen said before shutting the door.

Mochou could tell Yichen was upset. Hoping to cheer him up he tugged at Yichen's collar. Yichen recognized his signal and bent down. Awaiting him was a soft kiss.

"It's the middle of the day and we're trapped in the house..." Mochou hinted as he played with Yichen's clothes.

"Are you sure? You were really scared earlier after you fell." Yichen asked.

"You told me to trust you. So I will trust you. But you need to be gentle. Very gentle with me." Mochou said.

He was a little shocked Yichen would bring uo what happened earlier. Usually Yichen wouldn't risk ruining the moment.