Chapter 114: New Year (Pt.2)

Yichen's mother entered the room carrying Yichen's nephew as though it were her own bedroom. She immediately saw Mochou lounging in the corner with the bassinet within reach. She grimaced a little when she glanced across the kang and noticed the lack of pillows and quilts for others.

"Meng Yao hurry inside. Bring the basket of quilts and pillows with you." She commanded. It seemed she predicted such a situation and came prepared.

Meng Yao hurriedly entered with a basket full of bedding and placed it by the kang. Then she hurried out again to get the extra bassinet Yichen had bought the Goji Berries for when they would be too big to share. Yichen frowned at the sight but he didn't complain.

"Place the bassinet over there for our BigBun. Ke Xin, you'll sit in the middle so you can help with all three babies. Meng Yao help set the pillow and quilts. Hurry up." Yichen's mother quickly ordered.

Ke Xin was spared because she was now pregnant and needed to be careful and Mochou had given birth only a week ago so he was also unable to move much.

"Yichen what are you still doing in here? Hurry outside and help your father set up your clinic to receive guests." She ordered when she noticed Yichen still standing by the door. Yichen gave Mochou a little wave goodbye before walking out of the room.

Yichen was gone leaving only the wives left in the room. Mochou knew that as a GER he was considered a wife but he still felt awkward spending time with women. Feeling uneasy he remained silent in his corner.

Yichen's mother hurriedly rearranged and prepared the room to make it more comfortable for Ke Xin and Mu Kui. The more she changed though the more uncomfortable Mochou felt. Despite his feelings, he could only silently watch.

"Ke Xin and Mochou, the two of you are in charge of caring for the babies. If you need anything shout and someone will come." Yichen's mother said.

"We understand." Ke Xin said. She was now sitting on the kang under a warm quilt like Mochou. Satisfied Yichen's mother left the room together with Meng Yao.

...

The room was silent for a long time. Mochou didn't know what to say. Ke Xin also seemed to be struggling to think of something to discuss. Because of the awkwardness they both focused their attention on the babies.

Mochou wasn't sure how much time had passed before the twins began to fuss. He wasn't surprised. They always seemed to get hungry around this time.

Normally Yichen would feed their son and Mochou would feed their GER but right now he was the only one available.

"Should I feed Big Goji Berry or Little Goji Berry first? Big takes longer to feed because of his appetite so maybe I should feed Little first?" He mused. He didn't have a lot of time to weigh his options. Going with his first instinct he picked up Little and placed him in his arms to feed.

After a week the babies didn't need the special blend of herbs to entice them to suckle. Little Goji Berry quickly started to eat. Unfortunately, Big Goji Berry was getting more and more upset. Ke Xin noticed and tried helping by rubbing his belly. Seeing her touch his son Mochou's eyes narrowed and felt sour.

"Who said you could touch him." Mochou thought but held his tongue. He knew his thoughts were unreasonable but he couldn't help it. He wasn't alone in his discomfort. Big Goji Berry was also feeling uncomfortable by her touch and his light fussing turned into a loud wailing.

His cries woke the sleeping Mu Kui and soon they had two wailing babies. Mochou was frantic he wanted to help when suddenly Little Goji Berry stopped eating and began wailing as well. All three babies were crying and Mochou didn't know what to do.