Prologue

~* Prologue *~

Cordelia Lyra Malfoy had a comfortable life

Cordelia Lyra Malfoy had a comfortable life. Her parents gave her everything she ever wanted, and the household staff were surprised that the young girl didn't grow up to be spoiled. She managed to stay humble and only ask for what she needed.

Her parents were not affectionate and her father was a strict man whom she feared, but her mother was loving and willing to do anything for children.

She had a loving brother who called her "Cora" because he couldn't pronounce her full name when he was young.

To the outside world, the Malfoys seemed to be the perfect Pure-Blood family. They were well respected by powerful people, and feared by those considered beneath them. Behind closed doors, however, Cordelia always felt different than the rest of her family.

She certainly looked like a Malfoy with her platinum blonde hair which She preferred to keep the length just above her shoulders. Cordelia and her younger brother of two years, Draco Malfoy, looked like they could be twins. The only difference was their eyes. Draco had their father's gray eyes, while Narcissa had her mother's hazel eyes.

Her appearance, however, is where the similarities stopped. Her parents believed that their high social status made them better than anyone else.

They believed in blood supremacy: a belief that Pure-Blooded witches and wizards were better than all others. Her parents tried to raise their children to have the same beliefs, to be whole heartedly obedient to them, and to never associate with Half-Bloods, Muggle-Borns, or Half-Breeds.

Cordelia, on the other hand, hated her parents' beliefs ever since she was a very young child. She was unbelievably kind and accepting of others. She treated people, house elves, and other creatures with respect. She was often punished by her father whenever she spoke out or did something he did not agree with.

She would often be sent to her room, where she would play the cello. She had a natural talent for music and her mom would encourage her by buying her many instruments.

She always felt out of place when she was around her father, mother, and brother. When she received her Hogwarts letter, she finally felt free from her family, and she finally felt that she could be herself. Or, she at least hoped she could finally find acceptance.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*