Chapter 15: Restoration & Information

~* Chapter 15 *~

~* Restoration & Information *~

Time went on and security measures were put in place for all students. Curfews became earlier and everyone was now required to walk in groups.

People gave Cedric their sympathy and would apologize for accusing Cordelia. They now knew she was not behind the attacks if she was petrified herself, and there was no way she would attack her best friend.

Cedric felt lost without his two best friends: two girls he considered to be his sisters. Fred missed Cordelia more than. He imagined, and Lee seemed extra down about it too. He kept mentioning Kiana in conversation, which Fred and George both noticed, but they couldn't bring themselves to tease the boy. They all felt the loss of the two Hufflepuff girls.

Fred and Cedric visited Cordelia almost every day, giving them a chance to talk one-on-one with no interruptions.

One Spring day, Fred was sick of talking about themselves and of Quidditch, and was wanting to know more about small, technical, things about Cordelia.

"Do you think you could tell more more about Cordelia?" asked Fred out of the blue.

"You know her pretty well. What more do you want to know?" asked Cedric, looking at the red grad with curiosity. He knew he could refuse to answer a question if he felt it was too personal.

"Erm... Maybe like her favorites: Her favorite color, who her favorite music artist is, favorite flower?" asked Fred after thinking about it for a moment.

"I can answer those," said Cedric with a smile. "Her favorite color is purple. Her favorite music artist is Elton John. Her favorite flowers are daisies, it's why I keep fresh daisies by her bedside. Her favorite muggle movie is Mary Poppins. Her favorite food is shepherd's pie and her favorite sweet is chocolate frogs. She hates flashy jewelry and she prefers to be barefoot when in the garden."

Cedric watched Fred listen intently as he listed Cordelia's favorite things. "You really care for her, don't you?"

Before Fred could answer, they were interrupted by a blonde Slytherin boy entering the room. The two older boys looked at the younger boy. It was silent, no one knowing what to say.

Draco simply nodded at the boys before walking over to his sister. He stared at her for a moment with tears forming in his eyes. He reached into his robe pocket and took out an envelope. He placed it on the nightstand, propped up in front of the vase of daisies.

Draco looked back at her again and pressed his hand to her cheek and cringed when he felt cold, hard stone instead of her warm, soft skin. He then turned and left the room without a word, avoiding eye contact from the older boys.

"That was weird and awkward," muttered Fred.

Cedric nodded in agreement. Out of both curiosity and protectiveness, Cedric grabbed the envelope and looked inside.