Chapter 26: Farrets & Dragons

~* Chapter 26 *~

~* Ferrets & Dragons *~

Weeks had passed since the champions were selected and people were showing their support for their favorite champion

Cordelia had noticed some students walking around with badges on their chest. The badge read, "SUPPORT DIGGORY," with a picture of Cedric's face. The badge would then the picture would change and say "POTTER STINKS." The badges angered Codelia and she resented the people who made something so distasteful and cruel.

"Did you start this?" Cordelia asked her brother, anger on her face.

"Of course, I didn't." Cedric defended himself, holding his hands up in surrender. "You know I'd never do that. I've asked people to stop wearing them, but they won't listen."

Cordelia and Cedric sat in the courtyard with some other Hufflepuffs. Cedric had become very popular within the school, and Cordelia had to be open to new people spending time with them as well. Cedric was laying on a bench with Cordelia sitting on the grass in front of it, playing the notes to "I'm still Standing" on her guitar. The others were also sitting on the bench or on the grass, with a few people standing around them. She was in her own little world in that moment, letting her adoptive brother enjoy his new-found popularity while the others ignored her presence, not that she minded one bit.

Cordelia looked up to see Harry walking towards the group. "Cedric, look."

"Cedric, can I have a word alone?" Harry asked.

Harry ignored the other students as they let out mocking "oohs" and laughs. "Cordelia can join because I know you'll tell her anyway."

Cedric stood up and helped Cordelia up off the grass before they walked away from the group of people.

"Dragons. That's the first task," Harry announced once they were alone. "They have one for each of us. It sounds like we have to get something from it"

"Are you serious?" asked Cedric, his eyes growing wide with fear. Cordelia gasped and wrapped her hands around Cedric's arm. "Fleur and Krum, do they..."

"Yes."

"Right," Cedric sighed. "Listen, Harry... About the badges; I've asked them not to wear them."

"Don't worry about it," said Harry, trying to force a smile.

"Harry, if you need anything, please ask. We know you didn't put your name in the goblet and we're here for you," said Cordelia, trying to comfort the younger boy.

"Yeah, whatever. Thanks." Harry responded in an annoyed tone. He walked away as they watched him being approached by Draco.

"Why so tense Potter? My father and I have a bet, you see. I don't think you're gonna last ten minutes in this tournament. He disagrees. He thinks you won't last Five," Draco sneered and his friends laughed.