Chapter 20: Adoption & Names

~* Chapter 20 *~

~* Adoption & Names *~

Winter had made its way to Hogwarts and the students were excited for Christmas

Winter had made its way to Hogwarts and the students were excited for Christmas. Cordelia and Cedric planned on going home for the winter holiday, so they were surprised when they saw Adele and Amos walking in the corridors with Professor Sprout.

"Mum, Dad! What are you doing here?" asked Cedric upon seeing his parents.

The parents ignored Cedric's question, while Professor Sprout smiled softly at Cordelia. "Ah, Miss Cordelia, just the person we needed to see. Professor Dumbledore would like to speak with you in his office, so please follow us."

Cordelia gave Cedric a nervous look, who nodded encouragingly. Before walking away, Cedric gave his mum a hug and whispered, "Is it happening?"

Adele simply nodded before letting go of her son. Her face seemed expressionless as she was experiencing both nervousness and excitement.

As the adults and Cordelia walked to Dumbledore's office, Cedric ran in the opposite direction, almost knocking into Professor Lupin along the way.

"Sorry, Professor!" he yelled with a wave, keeping up his pace. Professor Lupin chuckled and shook his head as he continued his walk.

"Oi, Cedric! Why are Cordelia's parents here?" asked Fred when Ced ran up to them.

"Cordi... Dumbledore's office... Adoption... Need Ana," he said breathlessly, before running away.

Cedric and Kiana made it to the entrance of Dumbledore's office to find Fred and George already sitting on the floor with their backs against the wall. The two hufflepuffs joined them and sat down.

Draco turned a corner and stopped in front of the headmaster's office. He looked down at the students sitting on the floor with confusion and distaste.

"What are you doing here, Malfoy?" asked George, with a glare toward the younger boy.

"I was told my parents were walking this way. I wanted to see why they are here. Instead, I find you people sitting on the floor," Draco sneered at the twin.

"They are in Dumbledore's office with Cordelia and Cedric's parents," said Kiana with a sigh, not caring for the interaction between the two boys.

Draco nodded and leaned against the wall with his arms crossed in front of his chest. It grew silent and awkward as tension filled the corridor.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Cordelia had walked into the headmaster's office to see a number of people already there. Professors Dumbledore and Snape were standing in the middle of the room.

There were two adults Cordelia didn't recognize: an older man with gray hair and a gray beard was sitting at Dumbledore's desk, and a middle-aged woman with gray hair sat opposite the man.