《Chapter 6》

I just stared at the part of the forest where my father was before. I was probably staring for about ten minutes. When I finally snapped out of the trance I was in, I looked around, finally noticing my surroundings. I was surrounded by trees; the grass was a shade of green, one I had never seen before.

After checking for danger or any threats, I decided to check out my body. From my eyesight I could see I had black fur all over my body, my legs looked powerful, and no wonder why I could run the track. I have no idea what I look like all over, I'll need a mirror for that. Not knowing how to shift back, I just started to run.

I was sprinting even faster now. The trees around me started to blur out. My paws were scraping layers off of the mossy floor. The leaves were flying around me. I decided to push myself even further. It felt great. It was like I had unlimited power.

After a few minutes of running, I slowed down unexpectedly. I skidded until I pushed my paws down, forcing me to stop. I then sniffed the air, looking around, trying to find a scent. It smelt like...lavenders? Lavenders don't grow in the forest...I sniffed again, and then I widened my eyes. It's not lavenders I smell, its Astrid! I turned my body in a full 180 degree turn and began to ran, following Astrid's scent.

<>

I'm in the forest looking for Harry. Well at the edge of the forest anyway. You see, he left me a note saying he went home. I tried to call him but his phone was busy. But I saw footprints from my house lead to the forest so I followed them. They stopped before they entered the woody are though. So here I am walking through the patchy woodland, looking for a certain boy.

I hate to admit this but I'm a little nervous. There was a thick layer of fog covering the floor, I couldn't see my feet. There were creepy sounds all around me. There were crickets chirping and...wolves howling?! We don't have wolves in this part of the country.

Ok I'm either imagining things or is a wolf howling just in front of me? That's when I heard growling...I froze in my spot and turned around slowly. When I saw a wolf standing before me, I widened my eyes. It was much bigger than a normal wolf. It now began to snarl at me, baring its teeth.

I saw its fur was dirty with soil and...and blood. Its left eye was cloudy, a scar ran over it. I could tell he was blind in that eye. At the same time when the wolf started moving forward, I began moving backwards.

But then I heard a growl behind me. I spun in all directions. I realized I was surrounded by enormous wolves. They had all emerged from the fog. I tried to get away but the wolves blocked me. Then I did the worst thing possible: I screamed and ran.

<>

I heard a deafening scream. 'Astrid!' I thought. I pushed myself over my limits, to run even faster. On the way I smelt that unfamiliar scent again, it was following Astrid...that's not good.

Oh no...

To be continued...