《Chapter 33》

I heard someone crying...

They were talking too.

"Please Harry. You need to wake up!" I felt them clench my hand tightly. "I need you. Flynn needs you, your father needs you..."

I recognise that voice...Astrid...

"Don't leave me Harry." I heard a chair scrape across the floor as Astrid stood up. She kissed my forehead. "If you do wake up...do it when I'm here..."

She walked out the door, shutting it behind her.

My eyes fluttered open. "Astrid?" I mumbled weakly. The door opened and in a flash, Astrid was beside me.

"Harry?" I gave her a weak smile. "Harry!" She said. Astrid wrapped her arms around my neck. My hands trembled as they held her waist.

Astrid began shaking. I didn't know why until I felt my t-shirt being soaked in tears. I admit, I cried too, more than Astrid.

She pulled away after a few minutes, sniffing and wiping her eyes dry. She brought her hand down to my cheek, caressing it. I lent into her touch and let my head linger there.

"What happened?"

Astrid sighed before telling me what had happened before I went unconscious. Slowly, my memories of the night flooded back to me.

"Jay..." I growled. Astrid gave me a confused look. "He attacked me." I sighed. Astrid gasped and I nodded.

"It can't be true..." Astrid shook her head.

"It is," I wheezed. My breathing had become irregular so I calmed myself down. I ripped off the pyjama t-shirt I had on and roughly pointed to the bandages that covered my chest. "This is what he did to me. I'll get revenge...when I'm ready."

I scooted up the bed and sat up. I made a gesture to Astrid with my hand, Come here.

She sat at the edge of the bed. I huffed, grabbing her waist and pulling her onto my lap. I made her straddle my waist.

"No you're injured." She attempted to get off but I held on. "Harry..." she sighed.

"What?"

"I don't wanna hurt you anymore that you are."

"And how the hell would you do that?" I remarked. She shrugged. "Plus I have an excuse."

Astrid crossed her arms.

"I haven't seen you in what - "

"Two months."

" - two months so I get to spend as much time as I want with you."

I looked up at her face. The way her lips curled into a smirk, the way her nose scrunched up when she was moody or angry, the way her eyebrows furrows with confusion and the way her eyes sparkle when she's happy.

Her hair was in a messy bun, leggings with converse's, and, which looked like to be my hoodie. It was way too big on her but she looked...how do I say this...cute.

She would probably beat the shit out of me if I admitted that to her.

Anyway...I was stroking her sides while she messed around with my hair.

"Hey, you know what I've missed the most?"

She stopped tugging at my hair, looking at me."What?"

"Kissing you." I planted my lips on hers. As soon as she responded, our lips moved in sync. But we weren't rushing it.

My hands rested at her hips with hers placed on my shoulders.

Kissing her felt...felt like being struck like lightning, (long story), but a thousand times better.

After my few minutes of kissing, Astrid pulled away, leaning her forehead against mine. "Harry?"

"What's up?" I managed to get out. I was breathing heavily from all that kissing.

"Just promise me something?"

I kissed her cheek. "Anything you want."

"Don't hurt Jay..."

"Except that!" I exclaimed. "Why not? After what he did to me, I'm ready to just...just..." I coughed, groggily.

"Please Harry."

"I can't promise that Astrid. You know I can't. That bastard tried to kill me! And you're worried about him not getting hurt?!"

"It's not what you think!"

I growled. "I don't want to hear anymore. Ask me again in the morning, okay? When I'm not as bitchy."

I heard her mumble, "You don't understand." But I ignored it.

I gently pulled Astrid off of me, groaning from moving too much. "Get some sleep baby."

I wrapped her up in my arms under the blankets.

"Night." She kissed me before closing her eyes.

I lay awake for a while thinking...

What don't I understand...?