《Chapter 14》

"So, what do you want to know?" Stoick asked as he sat opposite Astrid and Harry in a chair.

Astrid was the first to speak up. "Are you sure I'm a wolf shifter?"

Stoick nodded. "I knew your parents," he replied casually. Astrid widens her eyes, shooting to her feet.

"WHAT?! AND YOU DIDN'T THINK TO TELL ME?!" she exclaimed. Stoick just nodded again.

"I promised your parents, Astrid."

Astrid just shook her head and began pacing.

"Uh, Dad?" Harry asked nervously. He sneaked over to his father, sitting beside him. "This is what I did before I first shifted." Stoick widens his eyes.

"Astrid." He said, calmly. "You need to calm down."

Her head snapped towards the father and son, eyes filled with anger. "CALM DOWN?! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CALM DOWN WHEN YOU TELL ME YOU KNEW MY PARENTS?!" She then began pacing again.

She bolted out of the living room, rushing to the back door. It shut with a bang and Harry cringed.

"I, uh, I better go get her," he mumbled. He rushed out, looking for Astrid.

"Kids these days," Stoick groaned.

Harry found Astrid on her hands and knees, in the garden, groaning in pain.

"ASTRID!" Harry shouted, skidding to his knees, landing beside her side. "Are you okay?"

"Of course I'm not okay," she hissed before another groan of pain came out of her mouth.

She screamed. Just like I did before I shifted. I could tell her pain was becoming more difficult to deal with. I could hear her ragged breaths escaping her mouth.

I saw her arms becoming larger; her spine curved and changed positions. She began clawing at the grass. Then her body began shaking...

The same with me - as quickly as it started, it stopped. What I saw in front of me was a white wolf with blue eyes like mine. She was a little smaller than my wolf but still big.

I smiled but that quickly left my face when Astrid turned towards me, growling menacingly. Oh...sugar...

Astrid, can you hear me?

No response. Astrid crouched low, extending her claws. I backed up before spinning and running out of my garden. I heard a bark then Astrid running after me.

I entered the woods, determined to lose her. But with that new sense of smell of hers, I had no chance.

As I was running, I decided to shift. With all four paws, I managed to gain more speed. I was dodging trees. I quickly change directions over and over again, attempting to cut Astrid off.

It didn't work.

Dad? Are you there?

No response.

Dammit I thought to myself.

I decided to run to the open space surrounded by trees where I first shifted. I got there within a few minutes. I ran to the other side and waited for Astrid to come out.

She emerged from the trees, showing me her sharp canines. She began growling again. We began circling each other. She snarled at me when I advanced.

I backed away.

Enough.

The animal side of me escaped its cage and took over. I snarled back at Astrid. I flattened my ears against my head, bearing my teeth and extending my claws.

I tried to gain control but the animal was unexpectedly stronger than before. Much stronger.

Astrid swatted a paw at me, scratching my left side of my muzzle. I whined in pain before snarling louder at her. I barked repeatedly at her before charging.

I launched at her, pinning her to the ground. She tried to scratch me again but I blocked every move.

She suddenly began shaking her head, clenching her eyes shut. When she reopened them, her whole body went limp. She blinked rapidly before looking up at me. I was still snarling at her.

Harry? I recognized the voice as my father's but I ignored it. I saw Astrid's neck was exposed. My animal side made me do something I never would have dreamed of. I nearly locked my jaw around her neck until someone shoved into me, knocking me off Astrid.

I stood on all fours to see Fishlegs...in wolf form.

Harry, you nearly killed Astrid! YOU'RE MATE! YOU'RE GIRLFRIEND!

I stopped growling. The animal side froze. My human side took its chance and shoved the animal where it belonged.

I collapsed to the ground, breathing heavily. I slowly looked up to see Astrid's limp figure. My bright blue eyes widened with worry. I quickly sprinted over to her.

Fishlegs watched my every move.

Astrid was lying on the ground, not moving. But she was breathing.

Astrid? I nudged her head with my muzzle. Her eyes fluttered open.

Harry?

ASTRID! I repeatedly kept nudging her head with mine before I lay in front of her. I'm sorry I told her. I dropped my head down to the ground.

It's okay.

My head snapped up. It's not though. I nearly killed you Astrid.

I nearly killed YOU she replies.

I shook my head. No, I did. I nearly snapped your neck. I would have if it wasn't for Fishlegs. I turned towards Fishlegs and gave him a nod.

I then spun my head to see Astrid sitting on her hind legs next to me. She had rested her head under my muzzle.

I-I can't do this...

I sprinted away as Astrid and Fishlegs' wolf forms watched me.

HARRY! They shouted.

I just continued to sprint away from them, into the depths of the woods.

....Um, yeah, a cliff-hanger! Hope you like it! Thanks for all the people who have voted on this! Till next time guys....